Chapter 9

Chapter dedicated to allie_j_pink for all of her nice & encouraging comments and votes.

*April's P.O.V*

Tomorrow our school is having the annual New Year's Eve party. Everyone who's anyone will be there, I heard some kid is going to bring fireworks and set them off at 12:00. This should be really fun but I don't have a costume. This years theme is a masquerade ball. So, I have to find a mask and a dress and all that crap. I'm not sure if I'm gonna go, but if I do I have to stay away from Zeke. I can't risk almost kissing him again.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a knock at the door. I got off the kitchen counter and opened the door.

"Zeke?" I asked.

"Hey, April, can we talk?" He asked.

"Uh sure?" I gestured for him to come inside.

I closed the door and sat on a stool.

"So what's up?" I questioned.

He took a moment to answer but when he did I felt chills run up my spine.

"We're okay right?" He finally said.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be?" I acted like I didn't care and tossed a grape into my mouth.

"Well, yesterday, we almost....k-kissed." He had a hard time saying it and that made me feel really bad.

"Oh Zeke, always thinking about the past, think about the present! You have to take your girlfriend to the biggest party of the year tomorrow, think about that. Make it special." I turned around and sighed just soft enough so he couldn't hear it.

"Your right, I'm sorry I brought this up again." He muttered.

"I'm always right Zeke, the sooner you learn that, the better." I laughed.

Zeke made a quaint laugh and then opened the door to leave. " April?" He stopped.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I want us to be friends, forever. I don't want anything to change that, okay?" He looked at me like I'm supposed to know what he meant.

"Um yeah, sure." I hesitated not knowing what to say.

"Okay well bye." He walked out.

"Bye?" I closed the door behind him.

What the hell was that suppose to mean?

The only way for our relationship to change was if we were-

No. He couldn't. Could he?

The only way for our friendship to stop is if we dated and broke up.

Was he hinting that.......he might have feelings.....for me?

~

MADE A MISTAKE IN THE FIRST CHAPTER. I said Aprils sisters name was Ivy but I changed her name to Kaya, sorry for the inconvenience

Teaser: lots of Drama is about to start.