one.

ivory was deeply enthralling.

you were of many canvases i yearned to paint with my lips, that ivory skin. i recall first glances, first twitches upon lips. i recall those eyes, those glorious pathways to the million of mysteries that laid beneath your golden heart.

i had never seen you before. never seen anyone sculpted from perfection just as you were. no. you were new, a whole new universe of many things i yearned to discover. i wanted to know you.

i remember such a dulcet voice, yours, like angels singing on the tip of your tongue with the sole purpose to have do with my frail soul. you had me before you even knew of me, before i knew of the hidden truth behind the artistry of your existence. you had me before i could even think of the slightest transgression ever committed by the looks of such starlight skin, eyes—every single wonder the gods had granted.

you had me at, "welcome to caramel wonders. what can i get you?"

what could you get me? such a question of simplicity with a billion responses, shameful and lascivious. but oh, what great sorrow that caramel wonders was filled with many more who could have had you just as you had had me. what great calamity that the truth from my lips was safeguarded by the look of impatience you wore at my sight. i, compared to you, was a tremulous disaster piece barely able to keep from dissipating.

"uhm, a coffee? yeah!" had i been the goddess of love, i would have looked down upon myself with absolute disappointment. i had been given a chance to be with the sun, close enough yet unlike icarus i dared not burn. instead, i was tongue tied. you, my glorious afternoon sun at its zenith left my lungs sinking in quicksand. such little action, only committed by you, left me breathless.

"okay, then," you had responded, a most glorious smile on your lips. it seemed i was to you a humorous bundle of flowers in contrast; a mess. yet you stood like a goddess, vibrant as if tasting something sweet. flawed with beauty i only dared to have a mere scent of in my dreams. "coffee for you, darling."

and with that you walked away. that was the day we first laid eyes upon one another, spring october fourth. i was seventeen, unwise and deeply infatuated. little had i known that your departure for my coffee left stardust all over the table, all over the floor. stardust to which my very heart returned the next day in seek of you.