Chapter three

Zayn's hair at the arias literally killed me ^ I'm not kidding. This is my spirit and I've come back from the grave just to finish this book ;)

Ariana's point of view

I woke up to the sound of foot steps up the stairs. The television still played Nickelodeon and half the lights were still on. I looked at Zayn who was asleep beside me on this couch.

I quietly got up and made sure I didn't wake up up. When I turned around, I saw my daughter sleeping on the chair. I smiled a little bit and wiped my eyes and soon regretted it because I still wore my makeup.

I looked over at the clock on the wall and saw that it read half past two in the morning. My eyes bulged and I shook my head. How did I sleep on the couch that long?

I turned off the TV and some of the lights. Deciding that I'll leave Zayn alone and take Delaney to bed, I walk over and lift her.

I'll just come back down and sleep with him on the couch, I thought.

I managed to carry my daughter up the stairs without falling. It's been getting more difficult to lift things during this pregnancy let alone my daughter. She's not heavy at all; she's tiny. But it's just difficult for me.

When we made it into her room, I gently laid her on her bed and covered her up with her blanket. I didn't bother changing her into pajamas because I knew that would wake her up. I kissed her forehead and whispered that I loved her before walking out of her room.

As I'm about to walk down the stairs again, I hear commotion in the hallway bathroom. I take a step backwards and look at the door. That's when I hear vomiting sounds.

I automatically knew it was Lexi and I debated whether or not to go in there. My friendship instincts got the best of me and I opened the door and saw my friend on her knee, throwing up all that's in her.

"Aw, Lex." I said softly and placed a hand on her back. She pukes her guts up for a few minutes until she flushes and wipes her mouth with toilet paper.

"You didn't have to come in here. Just go to bed." She said, tiredly. I ignored her and helped her onto her feet. Then I grabbed her toothbrush and put toothpaste on it for her and then handed it to her.

She looked at me and then took it from me and brushed her teeth. When she was done with that, she washed her hands and then stood there, looking at me for a few seconds.

"Come with me. I can make you something that'll help you keep from vomiting." I said. "I had trouble my last month of pregnancy too, remember? My mom always made me some soup and gave me this medicine that's in my cabinet."

She didn't respond, she just nodded tiredly. I took her arm and helped her down the stairs because I know it's hard for her now that he stomach is larger than her whole body combined.

We made it to the base of the stairs and I let go of her arm. In silence, we walked into the kitchen, careful not to wake Zayn.

The first thing I saw was my glass of orange juice on the counter that I had forgotten about. Then I see a soggy bowl of Cheerios and a half eaten snickers where Lexi was. I grabbed the bowl and cleaned it out and then placed the snickers on the counter.

Lexi sat in the chair and didn't make a sound. I didn't dare look over at her because I was afraid she would be mean to me again.

I walked to the pantry and saw the cans of soup that my mother always buys and brings to my house. She's been doing that more often since I'm pregnant and she knows I get severe morning sickness sometimes. It's warn off lately though. I just get it occasionally now, like yesterday.