Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

The awkwardness in the room catapulted to extreme levels. I could feel it, the boys could feel it. And I’m pretty sure Harry could feel it as well.

I just looked at him. No words were coming out of my mouth as none were forming. I stood there looking at this gorgeous boy who had hurt me so much.

And as if the 11 months hadn’t of even happened. He smiled at me. The bastard smiled at me with that cheeky grin he had and those perfect dimples on each cheek. He just stood there and smiled.

So I just smiled back. I just mirrored him exactly. Well, not completely exact. His smile seemed genuine, yet mine, utterly fake. It took every muscle in my face to smile at this boy and I wasn’t going to be able to keep it up for much longer. I turned around to face Liam.

“So why are you here?” I asked smiling, for real this time, at him

“We have a surprise for you” He said. I raised an eyebrow

“What type of surprise?”

“A really good one” Louis perked

I rolled my eyes at the Doncaster boy.

“Obviously you goof”

Everyone laughed.

“So are you going to tell me what this surprise is.. or?” I looked around at all the boys

“YOU’RE COMING TO AUSTRALIA WITH US” They all shouted running towards me and engulfing me into a giant hug

“YOU’RE JOKING, RIGHT?” I shouted as they pulled away

“Nuh” Niall said laughing

“So I’m actually coming to Australia with you all” I still could not believe it.

“That is correct love” Zayn said walking over to me and slinging an arm over me in a friendly gesture

I smiled up at him “I can’t wait”

We all ventured into the kitchen where Mum was busy preparing Tea.

“What’s on the menu Mrs Payne” Harry asked as he walked in

I took no notice of him, until she replied

“Tacos dear”

“My favourite” Harry said

I looked at him and he was smiling that stupid smile again. This time I couldn’t just smile along. Trying not to be too dramatic, I simply walked back out of the kitchen, up the stairs and too my room.

I shut the door behind me and slid down it holding my head in my hands. I didn’t cry. I didn’t hyperventilate. I just sat there. A million memories running through my head. When we first met. Our first kiss and the many kisses after that. The many dates. The times when he made me smile, laugh, cry, cheer. Everything that those 11 months consisted of, ran through my head.

I looked up and over to my bookshelf on the right side of my room. My eyes wandered over each book until I found the one I wanted. It was a scrapbook I had made last year. It was a scrapbook just for Harry and I.

I stood up and walked over to the shelf and pulled it out. I sat down on my bed and ran my hand over the front cover. It was just a simple brown cover with Harry Styles and Meredith Payne in the middle with my handwriting.

I opened it up and looked at the first picture.

It was the first photo of Harry and I ever. It was the same day that I met my brothers new band, One Direction. I looked so young, as did Harry.

I flipped it over and looked at the next photo. It was the final week of the X Factor. I remember this. This was the day Harry said he had a crush on me. This was the day when I started to look at Harry like more than a friend.

*Flashback 2010*

“Hey Meredith can I talk to you for a second” Harry asked popping his head around the corner

“Yeah sure” I replied putting my textbook down and looking at him

I was currently sitting at on the balcony of our hotel room. It was me, Mum and Dad in the room and Liam and the rest of One Direction were visiting for a few hours until they had to go and get ready for the final performances.

I had a major, major, major exam in two weeks time and being the nerd I was, I was studying every minute I could. I did want to be a Doctor after all.

“So what do you want to talk about” I asked smiling at him as he sat down

“Well, you know how we’re best friends, right?” He asked looking at me

“Of course, for life” I giggled and he laughed

“Well, I may, like you, more than a, best friend” He said slowly looking down

I just stared at him “Really?”

“Really” He confirmed, nodding and looking me in the eyes

It was silent for a few seconds before he started to lean in, I did too, we were a literally three centimetres apart but then Louis decided to grace us with his presence.

*End of Flashback*

I sighed flipping over the page. Things were awkward between us after that. For about 2 weeks. We didn’t talk or even text until the day of the exam which through me into a complete frenzy because that boy was messing with my feelings.

I looked at the next picture. Our first date. That was what the text was about.

*Flashback*

“Where are we going?” I asked

“Somewhere” Harry replied

“Tell me!” I said slapping him lightly

He laughed “No way!”

“Bloody hell yes way” I shot at him

He looked at me “No way love”

“OH COME ON” I shouted “Sorry” I whispered to the driver

He just chuckled

“Wait, could you tell me?” I asked the driver

He shook his head “No, Mr Styles had strict instructions”

“Well Mr Styles is being rude and not telling me” I said looking back at Harry

“I’m still not telling” He mocked flicking my nose triumphantly

“Whatever”

*End Of Flashback*

Our first date was at a park, just an adorable little picnic by a pond. We had dinner there then walked and talked for another hour. Liam had a ridiculous curfew which was nine thirty. Honestly.

I turned over to the next page and the next and the next. So many pages just full of memories that were the greatest of my life.

There was a knock at my door

“Yes” I questioned

Then came the words I had heard which had started this all, from the boy, who had started this all.

“Meredith, can I talk to you for a second”