Chapter 1: New York

2000. 

Thats the number of miles I was moving from my home, my friends, and my life. Thats what moving felt like to me, like I was crumpling up my life as if it was a piece of paper and throwing it in the trash. My everything was in california, my best friend, my boyfriend, never mind ex boyfriend now we both agreed the distance would never work, and New York was taking this all away from me in one flight. I am not ready to leave but here I stand at gate 12 waiting for my flight to hell, oh I mean New York. 

After Flight 

I step off the plane and take a deep breath ready to face my new life... Just kidding I step of the plane dreading arriving at my new home, dreading everything. I was enjoying my sulk through the airport when I got the sudden urge to pee. I bolted to the first bathroom I found making sure it wasn’t the the ladies room, I have made that mistake before and it’s quite embarrassing. The thought makes my eyes water slightly remembering how I met Luke my perfect ex boyfriend. It was the first day of 9th grade and being a little confused freshman I walked almost completely into the boys bathroom without noticing when a voice turned me around “ I think you’re going into the wrong place” I turned around my face crimson after realizing that this random kid just saved me from humiliation, and when I turned my face got even darker if that was possible because it was not anyone that saved me, but it was possibly the most gorgeous guy in the school, Luke Johnson. Luke was in 10th grade and had light brown hair that was always perfectly done with light blue eyes that made every girl drool, and he saw me walking into the wrong bathroom. I was hopelessly embarrassed when it happened, but Luke had said the opposite of what I expected when I thanked him he said and I will never forget “you can really repay me by giving me your number” to say I was shocked would be an understatement. Our relationship grew from there we talked and he made me feel special like no one else ever had. I was only 14, but I was in love and when we started dating half way through the year I thought we would last forever, It is now the summer of me going into 11th grade and it hurts to think that if it wasn’t for New York I would still be with him. As I was thinking of all this I guess I had stopped in front of the doorway to the bathroom because I was soon shoved out of the way and told to “move my ass”... I love New York. 

After making our way slowly through the Airport my family, me my mother and her boyfriend that makes me want to gag, we found the cars that were to drive us to our new house. Now back to my mothers boyfriend to give a short explanation I hate him he is the reason for this move, he was more important then my happiness to my delusional mother, so when he had to move across the country for work my mother gladly agreed to come with him, to all live together. I am not saying that John isn’t a nice guy, but it hurt me when my mother chose him over me without a second thought. Anyway me and my mother are not close, not that we never were, but after my fathers death when I was going into ninth grade I distanced my self from her and for a while I distanced myself from everyone except for Luke and he helped me through that time. Ever since I shut her out my mother never tried to get back in, I never exactly opened my arms asking her to be my best friend again, so we both are to blame. I guess I was dozing off thinking of all this because I soon heard my mom shouting “Rebecca Rebecca come on we are leaving.” that broke me out of my haze and I reluctantly got into the car. Not wanting to see my new home because that made everything more real, I really was not going back to California. Sitting on the comfortable leather seats in the car I took out my phone and popped my headphones into my ears listening to Ed Sheeran hoping to drain out my endless thoughts.  

We rolled up to a mansion looking house about an hour or so later and my mother tapped me on the shoulder lightly. I took out my earphones “ Rebecca we’re here come on” my eyes almost fell off of my head because I could not believe this palace was my new house. I stepped out of the car and took the whole house in. It was beautiful and for a second I was excited, but then I remembered the most important thing... This house was in New York. 

A/N 

hi guys! this is my first story and I know it's trash but if you enjoy vote thank you I hope you liked the first chapter of The Bad Boy's Balcony