Chapter 10

Monday Morning - Death Cab for Cutie

Elephant - Tame Impala

Sunlight peeked through a sheer-draped window nearby. With a filtered ray it fell over my eyes and I woke up. I could feel Leo's arms still resting comfortably around me. I hugged a pillow closer and Leo shifted behind me. The sheets closed comfortably around us, down and fabric covering us without making it feel as if the sun was encroaching on the Earth.

I could feel his breath on my neck as he pulled me closer, still sleeping. I could feel his chest again the back of my T-shirt, his heart beat thumping steadily against my shoulder blades. "Emma Rose," he whispered, unconsciously. I smiled and relaxed once more, about to fall asleep when he stirred.

I closed my eyes, silently wanting him to fall asleep so that I could reduce my ever-growing eye circles. We were frozen a few moments before I felt his arms shift under me and a light flutter of lips on my cheek. Leo's lips trailed down across my jawline down my neck, stilling as he rested against my shoulder.

"Emma Rose," he whispered, sending tickling gusts of breath down across my collarbones and neck. I fell back against him, groaning as I stretched my legs. He fell back on his back and I turned, my arm placed on his chest and my leg across his hips. I nestled my head into the crook of his neck and he laughed. I could feel the vibration of his voice with each spurt of happiness.

"Emma, it's Sunday," he said in a singsong voice. I groaned again. I was anything but a morning person.

"What time is it?" I muttered quietly. He took a second and as I began to fall into sleep again he spoke:

"Eleven twenty-three."

I rolled away from him.

"Are you kidding me?!"

He laughed harmoniously once more before confirming the time.

"But you know, it's Sunday. We don't have anywhere to be." His voice was lazy and sexy and it was the best sound I could ever wake up to. This entire thing was insane. Here I was, in bed with quite possibly the hottest sophomore in college, and I was groaning about the time. I reminisced on sophomore year of high school, thinking that this would probably be my favorite thing in the entire world, but now I just wanted to sleep. In his arms, though, would probably be preferable.

"You know what we should do," I said, my words lazily slurring together thanks to my intense exhaustion.

"What is that dearest Emma Rose?" his lips were pressed into the top of my head as I laid against him.

"We should sleep for another hour-"

"Thirty minutes," Leo interjected.

"Fine," I said, the word drawing out, "We sleep for another thirty minutes, and then we go out for breakfast."

"That sounds good," I could feel him smile into my hair and my eyes closed sleepily.

Thirty minutes later I got up, trying to tame my hair before giving up and twisting it into a bun.

That was when I noticed one very big problem.

I walked into Leo's adjoining bathroom where he had disappeared into while I was sleeping. His shower had turned off and the towel that had rested on the counter before had disappeared so I assumed it safe to walk in. Just as a precaution, I knocked on the wall next to the entrance and waited for his admittance before looking up and walking in.

Leo was leaning towards a mirror over the counter, a razor in one hand. A third of his face was clear while the remainder was plastered with a strategical-coat of shaving cream. He had a towel wrapped around his waist, hanging low between his hips. I walked over and heard the familiar faint scraping of the razor against his skin as he stroked upwards, another stripe of shaving cream being flicked away and spiraling down the sink.