Part 21

The man eyed the corridor for a moment before he glanced around the room – and spotted Taehyung and Jungkook bent over the unconscious guy on the floor.

"Jungkook?" Hoseok asked.

"Hoseok?" Jungkook asked back, equally perplexed.

"Director?" Taehyung asked.

"Dr. Kim?" Hoseok shifted his gaze from Jungkook to Taehyung, then to the man on the floor.

"What-" Taehyung had intended to ask Hoseok what was going on, but when he had opened his mouth, a more pressing thought had sprung to mind: "Wait, did you just call him by his first name?"

"Yeah, I mean he is my cousin and –"

Realization washed over Jungkook with such a force that he sat down on the floor.

"I remember, Tae." Jungkook whispered.

Hoseok looked at Taehyung for an explanation, but he was so distracted by Jungkook, that he didn't even notice the gun in Hoseok's hand, let alone the questioning stare.

At that moment Jin barged through the open door, stopping dead when he realized he wasn't alone. He looked from Hoseok to Jungkook and Taehyung to the unconscious man on the floor.

"What the heck is going on here?" He asked everyone.

"Mr. Doe has his memory back." Taehyung answered.

"That's not what I-" Jin started, but was interrupted by Hoseok: "Mr. Doe? Why... oh, I get it. He does have that deer-in-headlights-look when he's spacing out."

"Yeah, he does." Taehyung agreed.

"Um, excuse me, but there's a guard right outside the door. We should-" Jin started.

"We know." Hoseok answered shortly, shifting in his uncomfortable position pressed against the wall and pointed at the corridor with his gun.

Jin turned to Taehyung and Jungkook, who had not moved since Jin had entered the room.

"Why am I the only one freaking out about this?" he asked them, pointing at Hoseok, "And what's with him?" Now pointing at the unconscious man on the floor.

"I knocked him out, when he tried to shoot Taehyung." Jungkook said matter-of-factly.

"Oh, yeah, then that's all cool," Jin said sarcastically, then added: "What the fuck?"

"So the director is your cousin?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, ignoring Jin.

"Yeah and Tae, the dream I had about shooting someone? It was him! I dreamed I shot him, but in reality he only showed me his gun, because he's with the mafia and I wanted to try shooting and-." Jungkook blabbered.

"Seriously, Jungkook?" Hoseok shot him a shocked look.

"Oh." Jungkook realized his mistake.

"What's wrong with you?" Hoseok asked, "you can't just casually tell people I'm with the mafia."

"Don't be so harsh on him, he has had a concussion and amnesia." Taehyung said.

"Why are you defending him?" Jin asked Taehyung with a pointed hit to his upper arm.

"Thank you." Hoseok directed at Jin.

"I'm not on your side! What the heck is going on here? The mafia? Are you crazy?" Jin hissed.

"Sorry, I'll treat you to a nice meal as an apology?" Jungkook ignored Jin.

"You already owe me one." Hoseok said.