Chapter Ten

Ink was crying.

He had collapsed in the Doodle Sphere after escaping Nightmare, not even bothering to tend to his wounds.

At first, he had felt... numb. Nothing. He was still processing everything that had changed over the last fifteen minutes.
Could he go back to being numb again?

Because feeling hurt.

It hurt like a freaking semi when he finally realized what had happened. His Soul hurt so badly he fell to his knees.

He hadn't killed Nightmare after all.

The Guardian of Negativity's power had at least doubled.

And Dream was gone.

Dream...

Ink curled up into a tiny ball on the carpet, sobbing harshly as he clutched his paintbrush. His chest ached, his bones hurt... everything hurt...

Stupid
Worthless
Can't do anything right
Idiot
Can't save anyone
Weak
Nobody could ever love me
Don't deserve love
A failure

Ink curled up tighter as his mind relived every moment of the battle with Nightmare and his gang.
I shouldn't have let Dream fight on his own. I should have protected him and stopped being so focused on only my own fight. I should have saved him. I should have done s o m e t h i n g....

He closed his eyes as the vivid images flashed faster and faster through his eyesockets. The marrow and dust on Nightmare's tentacles...
He retched heavily, coughing up black, viscous ink tinged with streams of red marrow. Ink curled in on himself tighter with a choked cry.

Why?
WhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhywhyWHY?!
Dream didn't do anything! It was him! Dream didn't deserve to be somewhere with no sun and no light and no food or friends or comfort or... or torture machines... or with Nightmare... with someone who would kill him in the blink of an eyelight...!

Ink let out a wordless scream of despair, his vision fading in blinks and splotches of black.

a failure...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Blueberry walked in through the front door of the Doodle Sphere base.
"HELLO, FELLOW STAR SANSES! THE MAGNIFICENT BLUEBERRY IS BACK!"

He pasused as nobody answered him.
"HMM. IS ANYONE HOME?"

He walked through the entryway and into the kitchen. He frowned.
The lights were all on... maybe someone was home, but sleeping? He groaned. It was probably Ink, then. The sometimes forgetful Creator left lights on often.

"INK! ARE YOU HERE?"

Blueberry walked through the kitchen and strode towards the living room. If Ink wasn't in there, he was probably asleep, and Blueberry wouldn't bother him until he woke up.

"HEY INK, I THOUGHT- OH STARS!!"
Blueberry rushed to Ink's side. the colorful Creator was curled up in a tiny ball around his paintbrush, various injuries dripping marrow and dust all over the carpet.
Blueberry worriedly CHECKed him before doing anything.

Ink!Sans

HP: .89/1000
DEF: 1/750 (unconscious, weak)
ATK: 0.09/4763 (see above)
LV: 2
EXP: 2

·Is heavily injured.
·The God of Creation.

[I failed. I'm a failure...]

Blueberry gasped and immediately placed his hands on Ink's bones, channeling every ounce of heaing magic he had into his friend. What happened? What went wrong?? Who did this?!