A Confusing Beginning

I always believed that time only moved forward, and no matter how much you tried; you could never interact with the past or the future. However, that theory was effectively shot out the proverbial window; the moment I woke up hundreds of years in the past.

  You can probably imagine there's not much, that's more frightening; then waking up somewhere different, somewhere confusing, and not knowing what's going on. Well now try to imagine waking up in the past; as a samurai, who's sworn to protect, and must engage in gruesome battles.

  My life went from carelessly spending time thinking about: public school, video games, girls, and of course my friends; to constantly training, and worrying about surviving, or being strong enough to protect my new friends, and family. Will I ever be strong enough?

  My original fears included: getting rejected when asking a girl out, not being able to beat that level in my favorite game, and not passing the next test in school. Now I fear 'every' second; for the next could be my last. So every available second; is spent on training, and working to grow eternally stronger.

                                  'Only the strongest have the slightest chance of surviving; and to protect others, one must become even stronger yet.'

                                                                                                                                                   ~Akaiittou Hiryuu