Chapter Twelve

>>Chapter Twelve: Then and Now

>>McKenna's Point of View

I don't want to get up! I don't want too! I sighed and pushed myself up on the couch. Stupid house, requiring cleaning......

I began vacuuming just as my mom walked in. "I told you to vacuum before I left! That was six hours ago!"

I shrugged. "The couch was much more inviting than this vacuum."

She glared at me before walking into the kitchen. "MCKENNA SOPHIA KARING!" She stormed back into the living room. "You didn't do the dishes either?!?"

I raised my hands in surrender. "Sorry."

"You're twenty-one! Twenty-one! You still live with me-"

"I think it's still pretty acceptable."

"You don't have a job-"

"I work for you."

"And I still have to yell at you as if you're a child-"

"I'm not forcing you to yell at me."

She stamped her foot. "Shut the hell up!"

I closed my mouth and looked at the floor.

"You can't live like this anymore! If you want to start helping me run the cafe instead of just working it, I'll give you a paycheck. If not, you can get your lazy ass out of this house and get a job! Finish vacuuming, do the dishes, and then go stay at a friends house. I can't deal with you tonight." She walked into her room and slammed the door.

Yeah, I'm pathetic. I'm an adult without a real job that lives with her mom. I mean, you can't really say I work for my mom since I only go when I feel like it.

I'm not smart, and I could never be famous. I can barely deal with the small dose I have! People being all touchy and squealy...... It makes me shudder.

I finished my chores and got dressed to leave. That's the thing with my mom, ever since I was thirteen she would throw me out when she got mad. It wasn't really a punishment since I spent it at a friend's house, but a part of me was always afraid she wouldn't let me come home. That part of me still exists.

I almost called Camille's number when I remembered what happened. That was like four days ago.

I crossed my arms in annoyance at her behavior. She really thinks Adriene is evil and is trying to steal everyone away from her? That'll happen the day Louis hates carrots.

Lets see........ Adriene is probably angrily playing guitar......... Eleanor is probably with Louis........... Danielle is out of town....... It would be weird to go to any of the guys........... Except for Niall. I can go to him. He is my boyfriend.

>

"I'm in love with your food!" I moaned as I took a bite of my third donut.

"Where does it all go?" Niall asked in amazement.

"You're the one talking! This is only my third! You're on your fifth. Fatty."

He pretended to be hurt by my insult. "I am not fat!"

I nodded my head. "Keep teling yourself that."

He raised his eyebrows at me before I playfully slapped him across the face. He rubbed his cheek and pouted. "Why do I date you when you cause me such pain?"

I shrugged and picked up my fourth donut. What? I'll jog home later and everything will be okay.

"So........."