Chapter-2

SSANGMUNDONG- IN FRONT OF (THE STAIRS OF) JUNG HWAN'S HOUSE

'The article isn't true, right? Why did you come together?' Deok Sun's mother asked. The others seemed to kinda repeat those questions, which could be a hint that Deok Sun is going to be shouted at when she'll be home.

'Taek? It isn't real, right?'

Deok Sun wanted to open her mouth to speak when Taek already started to tell them. 'The thing is... we've decided to..tell you this. Can we go in first?'

'It's nothing bad right?' Seon Woo's mother's face was full of worry but Taek thought she would take it easier than the others would take this message.

JUNG HWAN'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM

'Now tell us whatever you have to say.'
'We are dating.'
'What?'
'Deok Sun and I...we decided to tell you that we are dating, and that we love each other, and want to spend as much time as possible with each other.'

She saw their shocked faces, and she knew that they're trying to think how they could react not too harshly right now.

'No.' Deok Sun's mother was boiling with rage.

That's when it really got out of control. As you can expect, for this Sung-family it was very normal to be like this (like you've seen in the scene when Bora and Seon Woo wanted to get married).

Deok Sun, who was actually not okay with the fact that they're telling this their parents, stood up from her chair. The most scary thing was, she glared at her mother.
'Someone else not fine with this?!'

'Deok Sun, please let me and your dad explain why we're not agreeing with this.' 

Even Taek stood up and whispered to Deok Sun's ear 'Deok Sun, calm down. If they're against this, we can find another way.'

Deok Sun hold his hand, opened the door, and went outside. He came with her.

'Deok Sun, please-'

'Explain to me what is happening right now, please.'
She hugged him while she had tears in the eyes. Taek wipes her tears after their hug.

'Deok Sun. Please. We can explain. And to be honest, we'll always find a way. And I'll speak with them. Maybe they'll listen to me.'

And again Taek tried to cheer her up. She loved him because of that. She was incredibly comfortable with him, no matter in which situation they were. Plus, they were adults and their parents cannot stop them from doing anything. That saying 'parents know best' was the most hilarious saying she's ever seen, especially because parents are also only kids who have grown up, and when she saw her parents, she thought they were even having less experience in life than herself.
'Stop thinking.' She thought to herself.

They were going back in. Their parents still sat there, and you could guess clearly they just had a long talk. They all looked like they've come to a decision, but Taek just wasn't sure if it's a good a bad decision.

'Sit.'

Now Deok Sun opened her mouth to speak first. 'Aren't we all adults now? Can't we do our decision by ourselves?'

'Deok Sun. You have to listen to what we want to say.'

Deok Sun's mother looked at the others.
'Now, as we talked to Taek's parents, I think it wouldn't be something bad to date Taek.'

Deok Sun was happy. She was too happy. Yet she didn't show it because...

'BUT...'
..because of this.

Her mother always had to say something like this. This is exactly how you can change a good mood into a bad one.

'BUT... be kind to Taek.'

Okay, now she was completely happy and showed it. She was laughing now. Of course because of happiness. Not the devil's laugh 😂.

'Are you happy now?' Taek asked.

'Of course.'

They were done with all the talk. Finally. Deok Sun still wanted to meet Taek afterwards.

SSANGMUNDONG- THE PLACE WHERE THE AHJUMMAS SOMETIMES SIT AT (don't know the name hahah)

Deok Sun and Taek were enjoying sitting with each other.
'It's going to be spring soon.' Deok Sun really loved spring. It was bringing her happiness.

'I know. I have the feeling we're getting nearer to moving from Ssangmundong.'
'Why would anybody think that? You were growing up here, suddenly you've got that strange feeling?'
'No, it's just... now that we're together, I want us to move to a different house. Us two.'
'Wow, Choi Taek, you are even WANTING something? Wow, you've really grown up, haven't you?'
'Yes, SOOYEON.'
'YAH! CHOI TAEK! WHAT WAS THAT? DO I LOOK LIKE A HIGHSCHOOL STUDENT WHO NEEDS TO GO TO COLLEGE?!'

'Be quiet! We're sleeping here!', Deok Sun's father shouted from above.

You guys don't know how Deok Sun misses those times, when she was with her friends, just playing some jokes with each other, how Deok Sun was with her family, happy to finally have a birthday cake for herself, and those times when she still didn't know that Taek likes her back.
She even misses those little things, when they were shouting at each other, how they exchanged their food to the neighbors when it was dinner time...

Those little things that were ordinary back then, couldn't be brought back, because, time was still time, and time cannot be brought back.

————————————————————————
Thank you for reading my first story! My story has now come to an end, and I don't know if you liked it... I still wrote this story because I was so fascinated by everything in the drama, especially because I grew up in a neighborhood like this in Vietnam, and am now living in a quiet village in Germany, where it is very different. It just gives me childhood feels.