Epilogue

It was a dark winter's night, just kidding.

This is a true story, everything I have written here happened to me. I kid you not. There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio.
I believe our mind sees that which we are prepared to believe and if we could drop our preconceptions and open our minds, the possibilities are endless.

Have outside influences programmed your reality?
I like to think for myself and do my own research. My mother taught me to question everything and I do. My reality is my own. Everyone's reality is different and is based on our beliefs.

When I was 10, one of the first medals I won sat on top of the T. V. where over time and vibration, it had worked its way towards the edge and a small piece of the medal was hanging over. One Saturday afternoon, while my dad was watching Sportscene, a football player kicked the ball up into the air. As the ball went hurling, it was heading straight for where my medal sat and for a split second I thought 'It's going to hit it and knock it right off the T. V.'.
Incredibly, as the ball hit the top of the screen, my medal, which was sitting directly above it, went flying off the T.V. and landed 2 feet away!
I'm sure my mouth was hanging open as my mum beamed a wicked grin at me. She always did when something strange happened.
These were the days when celebrated psychic, Uri Gellar, was frequently on T. V. , bending spoons and getting the audience to use the power of their mind to start old and broken watches. This was of course, before he was caught faking it... however, thousands of people called in claiming their watches had started to tick again (yeah kids, we did have watches that actually ticked) and just as many claiming to have bent their poor mums cutlery.

From this young age, I was very much aware, belief had a power of it's own, something the magis of old understood. I have and will remain to keep my mind open. And as you begin to read my story, I bid you to keep an open mind too.

Gillian McBride
X