VIV

Craig wanted to hold Kenny.

He wanted to wrap him up in blankets, rub his back, peck his nose, run fingers through his hair,
god did he want to comfort the boy.

But still, the best he could do was sit besides the hospital bed, keeping watch over him.

Apparently the condition of his body was fine, taking in account what had happened to him, not only yesterday, but all the time leading up to it too.
The blond must just be very exhausted.

Craig has been waiting here for him to wake up since the medical personal let him, even skipping school for the day.
He really wanted to be there for him when he woke up.

A heavy weight was lifted off of Craig's shoulders when Kenny slowly blinked awake. When the blond got to, he jumped upright, suddenly panicking. Immediately his head started spinning.

"Kenny, Kenny I'm here, you're okay", he stood up, hovering, not sure if the blond was okay with being touched just yet.

"Craig? Where are we? What happened?", Kenny rasped, disoriented.

"We're at the hospital, you can relax, breath"

Taking in his surroundings, the blond's breathing slowly regained a normal pace.

"After you left school yesterday", Craig continued on, "I was worried what that bastard would do to you...
I called the police. I wont apologize thought, as I was right to...

I'm... I'm sorry I was too late..."

Craig really tried to keep his cool, but he couldn't, it's so much.

-

He had called the police and started running to the mansion himself. On the way he got overtaken by the blue cars.

Good thing the estate was gigantic, so Craig did not have a hard time sneaking in unnoticed.

There was a lot of shouting coming from the front, but he spared it no mind, Kenny was his first priority.

He found him on the living room floor, upper body slumped over the couch.

The boy was striped of his clothes, a deep red hand mark on his cheek, tears flowing down his face.

Craig was to late.

He crouched down, pulling Kenny in his arms, petting his hair, and frantically whispered reassurements to him, but the blond was barely even conscious.

-

It was terrifying.

The blond has never seen tears in Craig's eyes before, he didn't like it at all.

A sudden, intrusive ache appeared in his chest, he couldn't keep the tears from rolling either.

"Craig, I'm fine now, t thank you..."

The boys held each others' hands tightly, not letting go for a very long time.

--

While Nail was in police custody, Craig went back to the mansion and retrieved all of Kenny's belongings, bringing them to his own house.

They both intended to never go there and see that man again, and, fortunately, the law was on their side.

--

"Are you ready to go?"

Kenny has been staying at the hospital for quite some time now, but was finally well enough to leave.