DRK Volume 2: Chapter 4 - Part 1

Chapter 4:  Massacre Auction (The Detective and the Killer)

For a while, we watched the electric screens slowly fade away. Whether our situation was just sadism or a clever plan didn't matter anymore. The only thing that mattered was Uozumi's body being real. The fact that the criminal had planned this all along was crystal clear. We didn't need any proof.

"We should... remove Uozumi's body." That suggestion came from Kirigiri.

I was a simple girl in 11th grade, and there was a corpse a few minutes old right in front of my eyes... I started to get busy helping others. We wrapped Uozumi in the tablecloth on the table, and laid her down in a corner of the room. Before entering the cafeteria, Kirigiri put her little hands on Uozumi's chest. She closed her eyes and began to pray.

It was very... pure. Then we all went back. The burnt table was clearly no longer stable, and everyone had moved to their chairs, quietly. On top of them were bags full of money. The air was stuffy, but there was no way to open the windows, so we had to put up with the smell.

That wasn't going to help the situation, but I had 100 million yen at the time. I looked in the bag... There was exactly the right amount; so there didn't seem to be any thieves in the room.

"This is all really serious." says Chage touching the visor of his cap. "I can't be sure yet, but it's not the CIA or NASA that's behind it, so it has to come from the heart of the military. Maybe it's a psychological experiment? I've heard that several companies are doing studies on the minds of people in mortal danger..."

"What army?"

"What a question... the U.S. Army, of course! " said Chage, sniggering.

Yuzuru frowned and said, "This is an experiment from the U.S. Army? .... I don't think it's possible... "

[**Short update today because I totally forgot*** 

As a result, there'll be two updates on Sunday]