The beginning Part 1

(I'm using American currency because I'm too lazy to convert and I'm just gonna instinctively use dollars instead, and I'm feeding those instincts.)

Chance's POV

SCREECH! SCREECH! SCREECH!! SCREECH!! SCR-

Stupid alarm. I got my phone from the top of my nightstand and turned it off. I took a quick scroll of my notifications and sighed. I also took a look at my notebook with dad's tie. My dad is such a confusing man. He's a man of high standards however instead he chose to live in a small house with us for some reason just to appease my mom, even though he practically works on the other side of the city. At my age, he was a model, ice skater, valedictorian in his class, and trying to date my mom. Meanwhile, for me- My door slammed open and I was immediately assaulted with a bright blue fuzzy pillow. I sputtered and got it out of my face. My twin sister, Lucky, was at the door. She yelled, "Come on, Sleepy-head! Let's head to school!" I groaned. "I don't have morning classes!" "Don't care. Dad left, so you're driving me to school!" "Take the bus!" "The bus doesn't make me look cool." I glared at her, "Leave me alone, Lucky." She game a mischievous smile. "Do it or I'm using your report on animal abuse for extra credit." I jolted up and went to my backpack. Lucky cringed when she saw me, in my sleepwear. "Yes, I love seeing you in your pale chested glory. At least, you're wearing pants this time." I looked through my backpack then scowled at her. She pulled out my report from behind her back. "Let's go, Super Egghead." She skipped off, her satchel bag leaving a trail of glitter. I groaned. As I was saying, my dad is an impressive man who was even impressive at my age, but as for me, I only have one friend, my studies on superheroes reached a dead end, and I'm stuck with a demanding sister. I groaned and did my morning routine; put on my contacts of the day (green), put on my regular clothes, went to the restroom, did my hair and washed my face. I stared in the mirror. My eyes almost look like dad's. "CHAAANCE LETS GOOO!!" Lucky yelled. I groaned, put back on my glasses and headed to the kitchen. My mom and Lucky were talking. "Lucky, I don't like how you're waking up Chance to boss him around." "Mom, it is better to show up in an electric commuter motorcycle rather than walking from a bus stop." "Yes, I understand that, but he was out until just past curfew for his research." "Well, I'm teaching him the value of karma. He was out past curfew, so in return, he gets less sleep." "Lucky..." I coughed to let them know of my presence. Mom smiled, softly. "Hey, Chance. You sleep well?" I nodded. I wanted to ask her how she slept because she looked tired. Besides putting her hair in a braid to control her long hair, it was just down, it almost reached her legs and she wore her bed robe instead of getting ready to go out. I was about to ask but, Lucky threw my satchel at my stomach, causing me to grunt in pain. "Let's GO! I'M GOING TO BE LATE!" She pulled me to the door. Mom stopped us. "Wait, Chance." She got out her purse, pulled out a ten and five-dollar bill and handed it to me. "Go pick yourself up some breakfast." I took it and thanked her. Lucky whined, "Why does he get 15 dollars?! He has to share, right?!" Mom had a sly smile. "You're going to be late to school if you wait any longer. Also, I'm teaching him the value of karma. He woke up early to take you to school, so in return, he gets to stay out and have lunch." I chuckled at Mom's pettiness. "MOOM!!" I laughed as we left the house. We both grabbed our helmets from the storage, put them on, got on and began the drive to school. She shouts at me so I can hear her over the wind, "Anything you got for me I can write in the paper?!" "Not unless you want dead ends and the librarian and the janitor flirting!" We both simultaneously shuddered, I checked the roads. "Well, I did find something weird in the library!" She shook me excitedly, "WHAT?! WHAT?!" "EASY!!... There was a book! No title name, no author, and the cover looked weird! When I picked it up, it felt empty! Before I could open it, some guy took the book from my hands and ran before I could talk to him!" He had a lightning charm on his glasses!" I could hear her smile from here. "Score! The scandal of a lifetime! Our school athlete engaged in drugs! Our pretentious school reputation soiled by a student with no line to cross!" I yelled at her but it was more than just for her to hear me over the wind. "HEY LUCKY!! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS!! NO MORE TATTLE GAIL! YOU WERE SO CLOSE TO GETTING IN TROUBLE IF IT WEREN'T FOR THE FACT WHEN THEY FOUND OUT SHE ACTUALLY DID THAT!!" It only fell to deaf ears. "Tattle Gail is way to mean to be me and also, I'll just have to make sure I have proof! Maybe this will get me a chance to work with Aaron!!" She squealed. I raised an eyebrow. "The school's weasel?!" "HE IS NO WEASEL!! YOU CAN'T EVEN CALL HIM THAT!! YOU'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN HIM!!" "I don't understand, how can you like a guy when everyone in the school only knows his name as the school's weasel!" "You don't know him like I do!" I exhaled, ending our conversation. After a few minutes, we finally made it to the school. I held out my hand. "My report." She grumbled as she pulled it out and slammed it to my hands. I sighed, shaking the glitter off of it. "I wish you didn't have that much gli-" When I looked up, I saw an old man fall to the ground. I parked my motorcycle. Lucky looked at me confused. "I thought you said you didn't have classes." "I don't. That man fell over." I was about to go and help, but Lucky pulled me back by my sweater and ran to him. "Dibs!" I just let her have it. I looked around, but saw another student on his bicycle, yelling at someone behind him. The idiot is going to crash right into Lucky and the man. I got on my bike, drove as fast as possible and drove right in front of him. We weren't too close to Lucky. He crashed into me, though. He fell over and knocked right into me. It hurt but I held my ground. I looked over to Lucky. She helped him up, but she was staring at me. I sighed in relief. She's okay. They're both okay. The student got up and glared at me. "WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA, MORON?!" My blood boiled and I wanted to yell, but that would cause a scene. "You were about to crash into those two!" I gestured to the man and Lucky. "They would've gotten hurt." He paused for a moment. His anger wasn't gone but he didn't want to look like a jerk. Instead of a comeback, he punched my cycle, got back on his bike, and pedaled to the bike rack. Lucky ran to me and I looked at the man. He was looking at Lucky with a smile. That wasn't creepy at all... Lucky looked a bit panicked. "Chance!" I reassured her, "I'm okay." "Why did you even do that?! That so isn't like you!" "He was gonna run into you guys!" She turned back and scowled. "I have half a mind to report him to the police!" I grabbed her arm. "Relax! We don't need to worry about him!" "BUBBLE GUUM!!" I groaned. It was her friends. They ran up to her and Lucky changed her entire attitude. "HEY GUYS~♥♥" All of a sudden they began staring at me. What do they want me? They looked at my ears and I realized. It was because they were pierced... I responded to the silent question, "Yes, I got my ears pierced with Lucky." They giggled to themselves. No wonder she said she won't get her ears pierced without someone doing it with her. She wanted me to be the laughing stock of her friends! I grumbled and climbed on my bike. "Chance..." Lucky started. I began to drive off and Lucky yelled, "WAIT, CHANCE!!" I'm not her fool to take advantage of!