Chapter 11

⚠️Warning⚠️: dry war scenes ahead

Character introduction

Hoseok

- Brother of Kim Seokjin- Cousin to Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon- Trained in the martial arts away from the city since he was young and occasionally visits home - Strengths: stealthy, heightened senses, moves quickly, has a large variety of martia...

- Cousin to Kim Taehyung and Kim Namjoon
- Trained in the martial arts away from the city since he was young and occasionally visits home
- Strengths: stealthy, heightened senses, moves quickly, has a large variety of martial arts styles
- Just graduated from his training and assigned to the war against the Song kingdom beyond the North border of the Jeon Kingdom
- Roles in the army: messenger, stealth attack leader, third-in-command

Ten days before Hoseok's return to the capital, at the North army camp.

Hoseok said, "Brother, our supplies are running low. We may not last till the next delivery."

Attacks to the army camp were increasing in frequency, leading to more injuries and thus consumption of medical and food supplies. Worse, supplies from the court were often delayed due to weather and pilferage along the way.

General Seokjin ordered, "Hoseok, deliver this letter to the King quickly. It is a request for more supplies."

"Yes, brother." Hoseok left the tent, leaving Strategist Kim Namjoon alone with Seokjin.

"Cousin," Namjoon addressed Seokjin. "I am afraid a letter to the King alone is not enough. The supplies may still not reach us on time. Reducing consumption is out of the question as we must treat the injured. The only solution is to find a way to increase our supplies now."

Seokjin nodded, seeing Namjoon's point. He already noticed a drop in morale from fatigue and from being away from home for so long. The upcoming lack of food will deliver another blow to the army. Moreover, Seokjin will never let his men be hungry after they risk their lives to protect their home.

"What do you suggest, Namjoon?"

"Since our supplies are far away, why not turn to the ready made supplies in front of our eyes?" Namjoon suggested, blood pumping at the thought of putting his knowledge and scheming to use.

This is what he lives for, putting words onto paper and those papers to the battlefield. No, Namjoon has no yearning for bloodshed, he instead craves for a battle of the wits, to defeat the opposition with his careful calculations.

This was a reason why he revels in his position as the strategist to the general, his joy coming from putting the steps of his plan together meticulously and finally inserting the last chess piece and then, it is checkmate. The Song army will only know what hit them after it is too late.

He said, "we steal from the enemy, cousin."

Eight days later

Taehyung picked up the white rose on his pillow. White roses, grown in rocky terrains, are only found at the North border of the Jeon Kingdom.