No Name

It has been a few days since September and Emi last talked. Maranda was going about her day as usual and was listening to some music, Tchaikovsky 1812 overture, she looked at the time and describe red it is 17th of June, 2019. Maranda was too focused on her phones as she was walking to class. She ended up walking right into Emi, and Emi fell down.
"Oh, I am so sorry." Said Maranda as she helped her up.
"No, it fine, I should have been paying more attention." She said as she got up. She has Black hair, pale skin, and green eyes. She was wearing a red shirt, a jean jacket, and black sweat pants. "I'm Emi." She said bowing to her. They both spoke the same language, but Emi had an American accent to her voice.
"Maranda." She said and bowed in response.
Emi looked at her. "Do you happen to know where Mr. Kudo is?" Emi asked being clueless about the set up of the campus.
"Yeah, I was actually on my way there, how about you come with me." She said to Emi.
"Thank you." She smiled and began to follow her.

As they walked down the hallway, Emi felt the awkward silence, it bothered her. She decided to speak up.
"So, what are your thoughts on Sapphire?" She asked Maranda.
"Who? Oh, you mean the replacement of Kira?" Maranda responded.
"Yeah, what do you think? Are you a supporter?" She asked again.
"Yeah, I actually am. I am happy to see a safer world being made." Said Maranda.
"No way, me too! I also supported Kira as well, but I don't get why the designers of the Kira website decided to change it from Kira to Sapphire instead of just making a new one." Said Emi.
"Well, it is very difficult to make a new website if you think about it." Said Maranda.
"True, I never thought about it like that. I kind of which I knew how both Kira and Sapphire were killing do I could help out as much as I can." She said.
"So do I, if I did, I would do exactly what Sapphire is doing," Maranda replied. They walked into Mr. Kubo's room on time and them to their seats.

After class, Emi and Maranda promised to see each other at lunch. During lunch, they meet up again and started talking again. "So, have any plans for the weekend?" Asked Emi.
"Well yeah, I am going to be hanging out with some friends of mine." Said Maranda.
"Oh, bummer, I was hoping you could come to the Kira Sapphire conversation." Said Emi.
"Ooh, looks like you got a lot of fans. Enough to get your own convention." Said Fugasha.
"So wait, where is it?" Aske Maranda
"In California USA." She said smiling.
"Wait, it's this Friday?" Maranda said surprised.
"Yeah, I have one extra ticket to the event and I also have enough money to get you, first-class, with me." Said Emi being nice.
"No offense, but I think that I am going to have to pass." Said Maranda.
"It's okay, we did just meet. Plus you did say you have plans. Maybe we can hang out after the convention." Said Emi.
"Sounds good." Said Maranda smiling.
"Maybe you should invite her to your dorm." Said Fugasha.
"Hey, would you like to come over to my dorm after school today?" She asked.

Emi smiled and was happy to hear this invitation. "Sure, I'd love to."

After school, they meet up in the dorm building. Maranda and Emi said nothing to each other as they came closer to the dorm. Once she entered, she and Emi sat down, and for some reason had red eyes.
"Want some green tea?" Asked Maranda.
She smiled, "I'd be happy to."
Maranda got some tea making, and while she did that, Emi started to look around. She saw the fake Death Note and opened it. She read the rules.
"Oh, that's cool." She said as she looked through it.
Maranda came in. "Hey, got your tea."
Emi turned around. "Oh, thanks." She showed her the book. "Is this real?" She asked showing her the Death Note.
"No, but it is supposedly what Kira used to kill his victims." Said Maranda.
"How do you know that?" She asked confused. "I thought that you said you didn't know what he used."
"No, I said that I didn't know what he used, I just said this SUPPOSEDLY is what he used." Said Maranda.
She looked at her really carefully. "You have a real one, don't you? And you know it is what Kira used."
Maranda was surprised that she was able to see through her. Fugasha laughed, "Wow, she's good. Surprised she isn't a spy."
"Your a spy, aren't you?" Asked Maranda.
"No, but I can see another Death Note user when I see one." Said Emi. She pulled out a Death Note, but it was in Russian.
"Wow, where did you find that?" Asked Maranda.
"Most likely the same place as you, on the ground somewhere. Although you probably found it here in Japan, I was visiting my home in Moscow." Said Emi.
"Well, you are not wrong. Want me to show you mine, and we can see each other's shinigami?" Asked Maranda.
"That sounds wonderful." She said and threw her book at Maranda.
Maranda caught it and saw her Shinigami.
The Shenigami was tall, standing at 225 I'm (7.4 ft), they had almost a yellow like skin and wrapped bandages around them. They had two phans coming out of their mouth and had cat-like green eyes. They looked like a really tall mummy.
Understandably, Maranda freaked out. She fell backward and was scared pale.
"Hehe, he is a little hard to get used to." Said Emi.
"H-how about I show you mine. Close your eyes, I don't want you to know where it is" She said walking over to the painting.
"Alright." Replied Emi.
She went into the secret compartment and pulled it out. "Here you go." She said showing her the Death Note. Emi grabbed it and Saw Fugasha.
"She is pretty for a shinigami." Sais Emi.
"Thank you... Wait." Said Fugasha.
"How about you, what is your name?" Maranda asked the Emi's shinigami.
"... Smert" said the Shinigami.
Both Maranda and Fugasha laughed at his name.
"It's actually the literal translation of Death in Russian." Said Emi.
"Yeah, but Smert? What kind of language is Russian?" Asked Fugasha.
"One that is probably more complex than English." Said Maranda.
"Actually, Russian and English are very similar, but for Japanese, it can be hard." Said Emi.
"So, are you Sapphire?" Asked Maranda, very well knowing the answer.
"Nope, I was going to ask you, but since you asked it is obviously no." Said Emi.
"Actually, I was only testing you." Said Maranda opening the Death Note.
Emi was astonished by the number of names in there. "Wow... That's a lot of names."
"Yeah, she takes pride in her work too, she has boobytraps set for in case someone wants to get the Death Note, as well as brings a few sheets with her throughout the day." Said Fugasha.
"Wow, that really is commitment." Said Emi. "And what I think is odd is your name..."
"What about it?" Asked Maranda.
"Your name is different than who you said you are. You said your name is Maranda, yes?" Asked Emi.
"Of course, why?" Asked Maranda.
"Because it says your name is actually Valerie Downing," Emi replied.
Maranda was surprised to hear this. "Wait, am I adopted? Or was I given a different name? Why Is my name Valerie, and are the people who raised me, my real parents?" Millions of thoughts were going through her had.
There was silence for a few moments. "How about I leave," Emi said as she broke the silence. She left both Maranda and Fugasha alone.

Meanwhile, Lyta and Q were listening to most of what happened. They got cut off after they got into the dorm due to signal failure.
"Shit, just when we were getting to the good stuff." Said Lyta.
Q was sipping on coffee with a lot of French Vanilla coffee creamer in it. "Yes, that is rather unfortunate." She took a sip of her hot drink. In it, we're some brown ice cubes.
"Hey, you might want to check your water filter, your ice cubes are brown." Said Lyta pointing to them.
"Oh, these? No, it's fine, they are just coffee ice cubes." Said Q. "I like my coffee lukewarm."
"Well, that is your preference." Lyta tried to grab her coffee, but just as she did, she ended up making the hot drink fall on Q.
Q got up quickly and scream. "Ahhh! Hot!"
Lyta helped her by getting some water and pours it on her. Q apparently didn't appreciate being soaked more.
"I will now go to change my drapes." She said walking out. Lyta felt bad, she noticed a wallet on the ground. She picked it up. She noticed that the image on the ID was Q, her name was Qitarah Downing, age 26, and more info. "Hugh, so that's why your called Q." She set the wallet next to Qitarah's coffee so she could find easily. She just sat in the chair and waited for something else to happen.