THAT NIGHT

NOTE: So, this was originally planned, written and posted as a non-fanfiction. But when i was writing the last part, my indecisive self took over my mind and body. She's evil and did a little editing and this happened. To my baby Stephen and David (the original characters), i'm so sorry. I'll do your story again next time. Right now, please forgive me for being such a horrible mother. Orz

PS: Pardon the OOCness if ever. And I need someone to kindly point out my mistakes. Thank you :)

EDITNOTE [7-25-16]: This was one of my first stories so expect A LOT of GEs. I AM NO PRO, and I deeply appreciate every single corrections that you notice and kindly pointed out. Sadly, I still have no extra time to make edits so please bear with the errors in the mean time.

*.*.*

"She broke up with me. I'm single again."

My friend slurred as he swig his own beer. I vaguely heard his voice because I'm not really listening to him.

Don't get me wrong. I care for my friend. And I know that there's an unwritten rule that you must listen when your friend bitch, be it about their love lives and whatnot. But dude. Won't it make you worn-out when it became almost like a habit? I know his routine. He'll hook up with some girl, date her for a while, broke up with her (with whatever reason they can think of), bitch to me, then go back to hooking up with random girls again. That's how the cycle goes.

So you can't really blame me if I got tired of listening to him. I'm not even sure if he's really serious with the girl or he's just playing around.

He must have noticed that I'm not listening to him because he nudged his elbow on my side quite hard. I winced. "Ouch! What was that for?"

"You're not listening to me, Kenma!" he declared, "What kind of friend are you? You should be giving me support at times like this!" he eyed the beer bottles on the coffee table and the glass of juice on my hand, "And you're not even drinking." he glared at me.

"You know I don't drink alcohol." My mom will kill me when she finds out that I did.

"Tch. You're such a kid sometimes."

"Says the guy that whines like a brat."

"I have my reasons. I'm brokenhearted."

I rolled my eyes. "Oh yeah. What's new? That happens all the time."

"Hey! That's not nice!"

I shrugged, gulping my juice and then grabbed the game consoles that lies on top of the coffee table. Must ignore this dimwit and continue on my game. One more stage and I'll be kicking the boss' ass -

"What the-" I groaned, and give my friend an accusing look when he turned off the television. How dare he - I HAVEN'T SAVED THE GAME YET!

"You're ignoring me."

I gaped at him. Then blinked when I realized our position. We were sitting beside each other on the floor, our backs on the end of his bed, the coffee table in front of us. He now has his right arm on the bed and leaning on me that his face was so close to mine that we were almost inhaling each other's breaths. "Pay attention to me." his whisper was soft and warm, giving me shivers up my spine.

I sighed and leaned away from him, trying to have some distance as much as I can. "I sometimes ask myself why am I even friends with you."

"Because I'm smart, hot and handsome you're actually lucky I granted you the privilege to be my best friend."

"Demanding and a conceited brat, add that on the list too." I said, nodding. I can't actually rebut what he said since it's true. Compared to me, an asocial bloke with no friends at all, Kuroo's practically the kind of guy that is always the center of attention, confident and friends with almost everyone. I can't even imagine how we - which is two poles apart - became friends.

"Nah. But that's okay. I happen to like being your best friend." he said, his voice sleepy, leaning his head on my shoulder.

I didn't answer him.

I can't.

I stayed silent but inside my head I was thinking the same thing. I don't really care if I have friends or none at all. I was used to being alone. I felt free. But ever since he came to my life, my days became brighter, livelier, and I became happier. I hate how it sounded so cliché and cheesy, but it was true.

And maybe it was also true that being able to stay with the one you love is one of the privileges of being a friend. I love being Kuroo's best friend. That way, I can stay with him for as long as I like without compromising our friendship. I already accepted the fact that my love for him will never be reciprocated. But that's okay. All I need is to be with him so I can secretly show my love for him.

If that way, I can still see his smile, or hear his laugh, that would be enough.

I leaned down, peeking to see his sleeping face on my shoulder just to be surprised to see his pair of brownish gold eyes staring up at me, a small contented smile on his lips.

"I want to think that by being your best friend, that somehow makes you mine."

Uhh.. What did he say?

But before I can even comprehend his words, he shifted to kneel in front of me. He cupped my face on both his hands then suddenly he had his lips against mine.

I froze, my eyes still open that I practically saw Kuroo's when they fell closed. It was just a simple close-mouthed-pressing-of-lips-against-each-other kind of kiss BUT IT WAS STILL A KISS. A KISS!

I was so shocked that I just went still and unmoving until I felt something slick and warm on my mouth, demanding for entrance. It was all it took for me to press both my hands on his chest and pushed him with all my strength.

He stumbled and bump his back into the coffee table. He crouched down, hissing in pain while I stared at him in heavy breathing, the back of my hand on my mouth.

What the hell was that!?

I was so confused that I didn't know if I should go to him to check if he was okay or run away. In the end, I chose the latter.

-A/N: THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING A STORY IN A FIRST PERSON POV /SLAPPED/ SO? SHOULD I END THIS HERE? :D