22

"What do you mean you're going to kill Thelonious?" Ethan asks standing up as the room erupted into commotion. Ace blocked the door so Ella couldn't leave. Did she expect them to just let her go after everything they have been through together? He felt his heart racing as he saw the anger emerge in her eyes.

She shook her head and held tighter onto the bowstring across her chest. "I understand that you don't want me to go alone because I am not trained like you guys are and whatever. But think about this from my point of view for a moment," She stops and leans against the counter, looking at everyone in the room as Ace fumed next to her. "At the lake, he said that he was going to come for me even if I didn't go with him. So, he is looking for a way to get me right now which means it will be easier for me to go with him and kill him."

"It's not that simple," Johnathon complains and shakes his head at her.

"But it is. You are just overthinking it because you think I am not qualified like you guys are. No I don't have training like you do, but I have the will." She says and nobody moves. "He killed your people for the Angel's sake! He killed your people for disagreeing, killed an angel to make me into whatever the hell I am, he killed my mother and father for hiding me.... and now I am going to kill him." Ella pushes herself off the counter and walks towards Ace where he blocked the door. "Kindly move."

Ace looks at the others for their reaction on the situation but shakes his head at the blank and unsure faces. "I am not letting you leave this institute without me. If you are going anywhere you have to take me with you for your safety. Who knows what is out there waiting for you? You don't even know how to fight and you don't know what this angelic blood will do to you!"

"I can protect myself, thank you very much. I feel the same as I did a month ago so obviously nothing has changed in my body considering it has been running through my veins my whole life." She crosses her arms and stares him down. "And what do you think he will do if he sees you show up with me. He will know that we are going to kill him rather than me surrendering because your government is messed up."

"Do you know where to find him?" Sebastian asks and she slowly turns around to see everyone looking at her.

"I have an idea of how to get his attention," Those words sent shivers down Ace's spine. This was a bad idea and even Ella knew it, but she was so blinded my rage for her father that she didn't care. She needed to do what he thought was right.

"How do you know he isn't going to manipulate you and use you as a weapon with your angel blood?" Dem asks and shakes his head. "I have to agree with my brother on this. It's not safe." Ella's eyebrows shoot up as she looks around the room and sees blank faces agreeing with him.

"So you're going to keep me locked up here like a prisoner until he decides to come here and take me anyways?" She screams now and laughs lightly under her breath as Ace walks towards her. "You would rather me to be unprotected and unsure of when he will come rather than be prepared for him..."

"No," Ace says and puts a hand on her shoulder. She turns around to face him as her heart races in her chest from the anger of being trapped here. His eyes peered into hers with a subtle hint of something she couldn't interoperate. The sudden closeness of him made her stomach turn over and the urge to run for the unblocked door grew stronger. "We are going to train you as we were trained so that when the time does come to kill him, you will be ready." His eyes lightened and she felt her body relax.

She was going to get the training her mother wanted to protect her from having. But if her mother saw the reason was to kill Thelonious, would she be happy Ella was avenging lives lost by his hand? Would she be smiling with those pearly white teeth and have those sparkling brown eyes? Or would her eyes fill with tears and her mouth drape down at the sides? "It will not be as efficient as we were trained considering we had years of training and you will only have days or weeks, but it will have to do."