Chapter Four - "Revue of Reality"

*(Y/N)'s POV*, Revue Stage

The Revue of Reality...
Banana versus me.

I'm not sure if I can do it.
We've started the Revue, but neither of us has made one step yet.

"Is there a problem?" the giraffe asked. "The Revue has started."

I turned to the giraffe.
"This is torture. I can't do it. Banana is my girlfriend, whom I love..."

"I understand. You may forfeit if you want... But do you really...?"

"I... I want to..." I began. But Banana's voice cut me off.
"No, (Y/N)! Not again!"

"It looks like Daiba doesn't want you to forfeit. Will you?" he asked.

"...Banana. I can't go against you. I'm sorry. Giraffe, I'd like to forfeit."

"Very well..."

"(Y/N), NO!"

Suddenly, a sword pierced the air in front of me, nearly swiping off my cloak.

It was Banana's sword.
She looked right at me.

"(Y/N)," she said, with a serious tone to her voice. "You are not forfeiting."

"Hmm. How interesting. It appears Daiba's fighting spirit is making your forfeit... impossible," the giraffe said.

"Banana... Are you really serious about this?" I asked.

"Truth is, (Y/N), I've been repeating 'Starlight' over and over again. The same 99th Class' performance."

"What...?" I said, confused.

"I've never been able to grasp that light... It's too bright..." Banana continued, looking up. "I've defeated everyone so many times before..."

"Too bright? Then why are you fighting me here, on the stage?" I asked.

"Our Stars differ," she said. "What is your Star?"

"To be with you forever. That includes to build 'Starlight' to make it even better next year!"

"That won't work!" Banana shouted. "If we relive those moments again together, we won't have to worry about the unknown."

"The unknown part of our relationship could be the most exciting. We could live those new moments together!" I told her.

"No one knows the unknown, (Y/N)," Banana said. "Sorry. I love you so, so much, but I have to win this Revue. We can relive those cherished moments over and over again..."

I readied my Muramasa sword.
"I love you more, Banana. You'll always be my Banana, but I have to win. So we can stay together forever toward the future."

"Now this is going to be a Revue for the ages..." the giraffe said.

Banana rushed at me with her sword, with the other still across the stage when she threw it.

I blocked her attack with my Muramasa, pushing her back a bit.

Our swords continued to clash again and again, and neither ready to give up.

Then she dashed around me, trying to confound me with her speed.
I nearly had my cloak clipped off, but I dodged right in time.

"Are you slipping?" she taunted.

"No. You are," I said, striking her with my sword again, flinging her far back.

"Argh! Agh!" she grunted, as she laid on the floor.