Epilogue

A/N: The final chapter of this story... damn that's emotional... Lets get on with it! Hope you will like my surprise!

Warning: Auto corrects and typos are always behind my back so please forgive me for any mistakes. And please don't get mad at my attempt at typing Hindi, it is NOT my First or Second language so I am prone to make mistakes.

The Supreme Court's decision was announced the next day, abolishing Section 377, causing much joy and happiness in the Tripathi family. Sweets were distributed and people were jumping around in joy and there was a lot of kissing between the family and lovers.

Kusum's family was miffed with her drama at the marriage and nearly disowned her that night. Kusum didn't care, the family she was now with loved her and that's all she had wanted. This family had accepted her and that was enough.

Kartik and Aman on the other hand were over the moon. After having lived in fear of the society and their own families for quite a long time, officially decriminalising same sex relationships and the family's acceptance had left them overjoyed.

Kartik looked over at the family that he could now call his own. Papa and Aman, his husband, (and how had he been longing to call Aman that someday) were discussing something with chacha, laughing out loud while he himself was sitting with the ladies, playing the peace maker while they played tambola.

It was like Kartik had finally found his peace. He had a family, a husband, people who showered him with all the affection and love he so desperately longed for since he was young... it felt surreal, like he was living in a dream, and if it was a dream, he wanted it to be in it forever and not wake up at all. He was glad to see the tension finally off Aman whenever Kartik suddenly held Aman in public.

Those few days he spent at Allahabad, bonding with the family was just pure gold for him. But vacation time was up and Kartik and Aman had to get back to their job in Delhi.

Leaving the family was hard and emotional. Talks were going around about calling home often and visiting soon and all those sappy stuff and it was hard to keep tears at bay. Papa had offered to drop them off at the station and it was quite awkward, papa sitting in the middle, sandwiched by the couple, but they managed.

They had another DDLJ moment while catching the train, completely exhilarated as they hugged inside the train, laughing out loud to exert their excess energy and excitement as they sat down in their seats.

The TTR (TTE/TC/Ticket conductor, whichever is comfortable) comes inside with a frustrated look on his face and asks both of them to show their tickets. He was quite a young guy, a newbie by the looks of it and Kartik, feeling a little mischievous shared a look with Aman, who just sighed and shook his head with a sigh, sensing what is about to happen.

"Humare paas toh ticket nahi hai" Kartik said with a sorry look on his face. "Haan, humare paas ticket nahi hai" Aman parroted back. (We don't have a ticket) (Yeah, we don't have a ticket)

"What is this no ticket nonsense? Maalum nahi kya, ticket ke bina aap train mein safar nahi sakthe?" the TTR scolded (What is this no ticket nonsense? Don't you know that you can't travel on the train without one?)

"Hum toh safar nahi kar rahe hai" Aman said. "Phir kaun safar kar raha hai?" he asked. "The train." Kartik said, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. (We are not travelling) (Then who is travelling?)

"Phir aap kya kar rahe ho bhaisaab?" the TTR asked. "Hum toh bhait rahe hai. Aap bhi bhaitiye" Aman said and the TTR moves to sit between Aman and Kartik. (Then what are you doing sir?) (We are just sitting. You also sit)