Chapter 1: You Know You Like Me

Book three..Huh..I honestly never thought I'd get to book three! xD

WOOP WOOP! UH HUH UH HUH! YEAH.

Ahem..

Jennifer Lawrence as Faye Hades (Foreigner) to the side!

NOTE: I do NOT own the picture, nor do I claim I do. That goes to it's rightful owner.

ALSO TO THE SIDE: 'Mind Control' by Arshad. It's so good!

Note: I do NOT own the song, lyrics, video, or anything else. All those go to their rightful owners!

-------

"There's absolutely no way I'm letting you go!" Jackson, my husband, said, backing me up against my bedroom door. His hand shut the door and he pressed against me, looking down at me with dark eyes.

"Jackson this is important." I look up at him with begging eyes. "If Lucy's parents are hiding something terrible like Amanda said, then it's up to us to figure it out."

"Up to them," Jackson growled, pressing closer to me posessively. "This is their problem, Faye. You are not involved with their family."

"I was involved since the moment I was born," I protest, trying to move away from him. That only caused him to press even more close. 

"Digging yourself deeper won't help," he replied, closing his eyes for a moment. "There's not a chance I'll let you go alone with them."

"You don't trust Lucy, I take it?" I countered, eyes narrowing. I crossed my arms and glared up at him.

"I never said that, did I?" he hissed, his face only inches from mine. "It's not her I don't trust!"

"What other choice do I have Jackson?" I demand, pushing his chest. This time, he backs up and lets me out of his grasp. I walk to the other side of the bedroom, staring out the window. "Jackson, this could be something that either ends us or saves us."

Jackson frowned at me, crossing his arms. "And why can't someone else handle it? Why is it always you that's in danger?"

"If I knew, I would tell you," I reply dryly, looking out the window again. "But nobody but you and Quince know about this. This is why I told you, so you'd understand."

"But it didn't turn out as you hoped," he concludes thoughtfully.

"No," I agreed, "it didn't. But in a way, I'm not surprised."

"Why not?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Because you're more stubborn than an elephant," I told him, smirking a little. "And too proud to admit I'm right."

He scowls at me. "You aren't right. And you're not going."

I walk over to him. "What if you came?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, considering it. "Hmm."

I brush my hands down his shoulders swiftly, smiling flirtasiously. "We wouldn't mind having you along."

He groans. "Sometimes I truly do not like you."

I smirk. "That's a lie, we both no it."

"Be quiet, Faye."

I laughed loudly. "See. You're too proud to admit you can't not like me."

"That's not true," he protests.

"Prove it," I challenge, blinking innocently.

He groans in annoyance. "Faye, I like you. A lot."