A new sort of problems

I had been around 2 years since the first conversation he had with Lena and in that time, a lot changed in his life. He resumed his work as a writer, taking odd jobs with magazines and local newspapers, at the same time Caleb began to visit a Gym during the night.

He took to hearth the warning from Lena, he already felt in danger just by looking at everyone in the street, just thinking that a fight could start was enough to push him into learning some way to defend himself. During those two years, he dedicated himself to learn various ways to fight, even if he was a human, there where not going to find a weak one.

That became his routine, and got used to that life and with the help of Lena, who became like his best friend, he met other "creatures" with a similar mindset of Lena, slowly adjusting to his new reality...at least until he appeared.

It was past midnight and he had just finished a piece for the local newspaper. He had to do a lot of research for that one and crunch his way into the deadline, but was able to send it on time and was drinking a glass of soda when every light in his apartment just went dark. Even the sounds of the street became silent, like if something o someone had placed their hand in the sound control. It felt weird, like déjà vu and immediately memories from before all of that came to his head as a faint purple light appeared in the middle of the room.

Dressed like those bussines mans he saw every day on his way to work, even that dark hair perfectly styled, a man came out of that light, seen Caleb like a old friend.

"It's been a really long time. I'm surprise you're still alive, but then again, I would have known, wouldn't I?" That man said with a smirk while sitting down in one of the living room chairs.