Chapter 11: Meeting Past and Future Times

Then Riley looks at her phone.

"Uh Oh. May-" says Riley.

"Yeah Riles?" She said cutting off Riley before she could finish.

"I just got a text from my dad. We have to leave early. Something about setting up the place for the reunion." Says Riley.

"Oh. Sorry Sarah, but we gotta bounce." May says.

"Its fine. Really, I'll just call my mom to come and pick me up. Do you guys need a ride?" She says.

"Um, no. But thanks. Where we're going is just down the block." Says Riley.

"Okay." She says. As she picks up her phone to call her mom.

"Wait." says May. "Do you have a curfew?"

"Yeah." says Sarah.

"What time?"

"May, what are you doing?" Says Riley.

"Just hold on." says May to Riley.

"Umm, it's 8:00." Says Sarah.

"Cool. It's only 5:25." Says May.

"Umm, do you wanna maybe come with us. To help Riley's family."

"Really?" Says Sarah "Is that okay Riley?"

"Of course Sarah. The more the merrier." Says Riley.

"Cool." says Sarah "Thanks."

"No problem. " says Riley.

"Really?"

"Yeah. My parents won't mind."
~they arive at the place of the reunion~

"Mom! Dad!" Riley yells out when they get back to the school.

"Riley?" yells out her dad's voice.

"Yeah its us. We brought someone." yells out May

Then Riley's dad comes out from another hallway. "Hi. Who's this?" he says.

"This is---" Riley starts.

"Cory, what's going on in here?" says Riley's mom cutting her off. As she comes out from another hallway.

"Oh Hello. Girls you wanna introduce us to your new friend?" she says.

"Mom, Dad, this is Sarah. We met her at the mall shes new in town." says Riley.

"Hi, Mr. And Mrs. Matthews. Um Riley and May invited me to help out." says Sarah.

"Oh." says Mrs. Matthews. "Well we can always use more help."

"So Sarah," says Mr. Matthews. "Where are you  from?"

"Well..." says Sarah. "I grew up with my family in Northern California I was born Sarah Elizabeth Carpenter. I have my 2 parents, and one good friend i had when i lived there. We dont talk much anymore. I wonder how shes doing. Anyways thats pretty much a summary of my past life then my parents almost moved me to New York. But we came here."

"Wow. Cool." says Riley.

"Yeah. Well. I'm just glad to finally feel good about being here. And i have family in Queens, New York. And we visit there at holiday time. So i will still see you guys. Plus we always go on a trip to see Manhattan and a little shopping. So i really will see you again!" says Sarah.

"Nice." says May.

"Yeah, i can't wait!" says Riley.

||AN:||

Hey guys. Haven't left a note for a while for you guys. So here it goes...

So I'm almost at 100 views on this book and I'm so proud of it. But most importantly i just really really appreciate that you guys like my book! Also, what do you guys think of Sarah now that you got to know her more? And what do you think about

Sarah's old friend? Any guesses on her name? And what do you think about the whole family reunion thing? Excited to meet more of Riley's relatives? And hint: some surprises? Anyways thank you  so much to anyone that is reading this right now because that means you've made it to the farthest point in the book so far. S thank you so much.

-xxjennxx✌