I

The door's locked. Shoot, someone got in. I knocked three times, and nothing happened. I knocked, this time, loud enough for the neighbors to hear. The door clicked, then my brother stumbled infront of me.

He's drunk, as usual.

"What is wrong with you?" He asked.

"Why?" I asked him back.

"You left the door open, good thing no one break in or else... I'm going to kill you."

"If that happens, whoever breaks in, I'll make sure he's going to kill you first."

"Yeah, whatever. Where have you been?"

"I should be the one asking that question."

"Party, at your ex's house." He said.

"Great, now I'd be the talk of the town again." I replied.

"Now you know, I love making your life miserable."

I wanted to knock him off his feet. Instead, I left him, heading straight to my room.

Angry and all, I threw the pillows out of my bed. I wished Dad was here. I wish.

Then again, I knew Dad would feel bad if he sees me this sad. He said that, whatever your emotion when the clock strikes 12, signifying New Year, you'll live with that emotion for the rest of the year. Put a smile on your face, I told myself. All of a sudden, I remembered my plan earlier so I reached for the phone. I dialled the number of Shutter Rick's Pizza.

"Hi, this is Louis of Shutter Rick's Pizza, how may I help you?" He asked, the pizza delivery guy, himself,

"I'd like, uhm..." I stopped. I don't even know the pizza flavors, so instead, "your best-seller pizza."

"Ok ma'm, that's cheese pepperoni with bacon bits. May I know the address?"

When I told him my delivery address, there was a long pause before he could even reply.

"Okay ma'm. Your food will be delivered in 20 minutes. See you." He said, then he hung up.