o2. 𝘬𝘦𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦

o2. key house

𝐄𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊𝐄 was astonished as her mother began to drive up the driveway towards their new home. The teenager had considered their home back in Seattle to be big, but this house was on another level of large. Elodie could barely see around the whole house it was so wide, and the acres of land surrounding it proved to be a somewhat positive influence in the girl who could feel her camera bag sitting on the floor by her feet. Maybe this place wouldn't be so bad?

Nina Locke parked up their car just behind the other which was sitting upon the snow in front of their home, and Bodie was the first one to leap out of his seat, clearly the most excited out of everybody to look around their new home.

"Whoa! Are we rich?" Bodie squealed, running around the side of the car.

"I don't know if I'd say rich, so much as very lucky kids," Nina chuckled, putting her hands on Bodie's shoulders as they both looked up towards the house.

"Yeah, I feel so lucky," Kinsey mumbled under her breath as Elodie and Tyler came to stand beside her - Elodie felt Tyler snake his arm behind her to pull her closer towards his side, proving Elodie's earlier theory that he was beginning to turn into one of those protective twin brothers. She still appreciated it though.

"It's bigger than the pictures," Tyler said. "It's also a little more Norman Bates."

"I bet you it's so haunted," Elodie mumbled, shoving her hands in her pockets and shuffling around on her feet a little - it was absolutely freezing in Matheson.

Tyler rubbed his hand on Elodie's arm to try and stimulate some warmth.

"How come dad never brought us here?" Kinsey mumbled quietly.

"He'd say it was a depressing shithole that wasn't fit for derelicts," Tyler murmured back - Elodie kicked his ankle lightly at him using a cuss in front of Bodie, and their mother looked back at him for the same reason. "Paraphrasing."

"Hey! - Welcome to Key House!" a familiar voice called from the house, and Elodie looked up from the ground to see their Uncle Duncan walking down the front steps towards them.p, carrying a brown paper bag in one of his hands.

"Uncle Duncan! Uncle Duncan!" Bodie squealed excitedly, bouncing over towards his uncle, clearly happy to see him. "We have a house with a name!"

"Well, puns are a Locke family tradition," Duncan raised his eyebrows.

"How was Boston?" Nina said softly, reaching in to hug Duncan as the three teenagers in the family descended closer towards them. When Elodie was close enough that her uncle could reach out to her, Duncan pulled the girl into a tight hug which she melted into a little, savouring his warmth for just a moment.