Chapter 37

LOUIS' POV

"Should I color this one pink or purple?" Violet asked as she held up two crayons, pink and purple.

"I think you should color it pink since most of the flowers here are purple," I replied, smiling at the little girl. I looked to my right and saw Harry snoring away on Violet's bed. What a big help he was.

"Okay," Violet said, putting down the purple crayon. She let the pink crayon glide through the paper, expertly coloring the petals of the flower image. At a young age, I could see that Violet had already taken up the precision that Victoria had when she did things. Violet even took the effort of using different shades of pink as she colored the petals.

"That's pretty," I said and she looked up at me. "Where did you learn that?"

"My sister taught me," Violet replied and finished coloring the flowers. "What do you think, Lou?" She crawled to my lap and held up the coloring book.

"I think it's beautiful," I told her. It really was. When I was her age, all my drawings were shitty. I couldn't even hold a crayon properly. It's either I'd hold it in my fist or I'm chewing it off. Yup. Crazy childhood for me.

"Thank you," Violet said. She set down her coloring implements and she started to cough.

No. "Are you all right, rosebud?" I gently patted her on the back and I woke Harry.

"What's going on?" Harry sleepily asked, sitting up.

"She's having a coughing fit," I answered.

Her coughing continued and it almost sounded like she was wheezing.

"Violet," I said, starting to feel frantic. I turned to the side table and took the oxygen mask. I should be used to these situations but with Violet, I'd always be terrified. Like she's so fragile, that any moment, I could...we could lose her.

No, Tomlinson. Don't even think of that. Don't you ever think of that.

"Violet," I pulled her to me. "Put this on for me, love." I slipped the mask on her face and rubbed her back.

"Breathe in and out, Vi," Harry said. "Slowly, now. Slowly."

Violet gripped my hand and I was silently praying that this would pass. She'd get through this. I kept telling myself that. She's strong. Like Julian and Victoria.

Violet's breathing normalized and she removed the oxygen mask herself. After a few moments of regaining herself, she stood up and gave me and Harry a toothy smile. "I'm okay now, thank you."

"Oh thank God," Harry said, sinking on the bed. "You scared us, Vi."

"Harry, watch over her for a while," I said, getting up. "I'm gonna get her some water."

The Hale Residence was empty today. Uncle Oliver was not here. Aunt Elise went out a few moments ago and left me and Harry in charge of Violet.

I walked inside the kitchen and woah. This was the Hale kitchen.
I felt like I'd walked into the Masterchef kitchen honestly. Mrs. Simmons and the head chef could literally feed an army here.

I made my way to the cupboard but as I did, I slipped on the floor and landed on my arse. That really hurt. I sat up and my hand touched something on the kitchen floor.

A piece of paper.

Out of curiosity, I took the paper to see what it was. The following's written on the paper.

Beneficiaries:

St. John Institute of Education
St. Joseph Foundation for the Handicapped
Columbia Harvest Project
Yorkshire Roots Alliance