Chapter 1 part 2 -It all begins here

^Last chapter^
All I can do is sigh. Then we hug, it's really all we can do at the moment. Then the orphanage director calls me downstairs.

************************************
Alexandria's p.o.v.

I walk down the steps and my hands shake with fear. The caretaker here is really mean to me and only me, and I'm afraid of men. My uncle was.... Never mind. I hear voices. Male voice. I freeze in fear.

"Ah, there's Alexandria,"Miss. Long's nasally and high pitched voice says. I keep my head down, so that my long brown hair covers my face. I close my emerald eyes. She grabs my wrist and I gasp in pain and fear and yank it away. I back away. A short-ish blonde walks out.

"Everything okay out here?"His Irish accent cuts through the air like a knife. I sink down into the corner and shake like mad. He comes closer and I shake more. I let out a scream. Sadie comes running down the stairs and stands in front of me. Blocking the mans view of me. She hugs me, and I cry. Some of the cuts on my wrists have reopened, and thankfully Sadie doesn't notice the blossom of blood forming on my sleeve. I run up to the bathroom and close and lock the door. I wrap toilet paper around the cuts and pull my sleeve back down. Sadie is pounding on the door. I open the door and Sadie hugs me and I hug back.

"Are you okay?"She asks worriedly. I nod.

"Can you go down again with me?"I squeak. She nods and take me arm and walks back downstairs with me. The man waits with a fake worried look on his face. It has to be fake. He sees me and I hide behind Sadie.

"Is she okay?"He asks Sadie. I don't hear Sadie's response, until I realize she isn't hiding me anymore. I tense up and back away when I see him standing right in front of me.

"Alexandria, meet one of your new family members,"Mrs. Long sneers.

"No, No, NO! I can't be adopted!"I cry, running into mine and Sadie's room. I hug Sadie so tight. As much as I want to, I'm not leaving this place with a man.