I'm flying, Darryl

Darryl was standing  and leaning slightly on the boat railing and watching the waters stretch before him. The gentle wind caressed his face and got caught in his hair, letting it fall down in slight waves away from his eyes. His eyes were filled with worry and sorrow and a frown was painted on his face, as he mindlessly watched the waters. Gentle steps were heard behind him and a soft voice spoke:

"Hello Darryl..."

Darryl turned around quickly, but gently and surprise but most of all happiness, glowed in his eyes as he saw who stood behind him. It was Zak. His posture was shy and the smile on his lips gentle.

"I changed my mind..." he spoke quietly, shrugging almost imperceptibly and meeting Darryl's gaze. Darryl's frown slowly turned into a brightful smile, his eyes filling with light again. Zak walked up to him slowly, speaking up again but Darryl shushed him.

"Come here, muffin" he said as he gently grabbed Zak's hand and pulled him closer. Zak regarded him quietly, his brown eyes glowing with wonder.

"Close your eyes..." he whispered softly. Zak just looked at him in confusion for a few seconds.

"Go on..." Darryl said, and Zak obeyed this time, a curious smile forming on his lips. Darryl grabbed his arm gently and lead him over to the very top of the boat. He spread Zak's arms so that they caught wind, much like a pair of wings would. Then he put his hands on Zak's hips.

"You can open your eyes now" he whispered into Zak's ear. Zak slowly opened his eyes and the smile on his lips grew wide. The wind was running through his hair, softly brushing against his face all he could see in front of him was the blank surface of water. Mile after mile of blue, stretched upon the horizon.

"I'm flying, Darryl! I'm flying!" Zak exclaimed, his voice full of excitement.

They stood there for a while, enjoying the wind brushing against their faces and the endless blue stretched in front of them. Zak then turned towards Darryl, a bright smile on his lips. Their lips met like magic, they fit so perfectly together. The warmth spread through both their bodies as their lips started to softly move against each other.

"I love you" Zak said, as he pulled away.

"I love you too"