Acquaintances

Heaven's P.O.V

Gotham was full of scum. Everyone knew this. Even the Mayor, and all the snobs at Wayne Enterprises, and the Gotham City Police Department. But they like to pretend we dont exist. We go about our illegal business and wait to get caught, or not, depending on how good you are at being scum.

I happened to be very good. I was practically royalty.

Then of course theres no loyalty amongst thieves. But I'm not a thief. You know, I was once described a an Antichrist. Yeah, I thought it was a bit excessive as well...

Walking down the the filth coated streets, I breathed in the grimey air, and for once it didn't make me feel alive.

It was a long walk back to the Warehouse, and it gave me an awful lot of time to think. Ghastly thing, thinking is.

I contemplated stopping by at The Iceberg Lounge, Oswald wouldn't mind, or maybe at one of the half a dozen hideouts of various acquaintances, more commonly know as Gotham's villains. I didn't have friends, not really.

An acquaintance of mine was Eleanor, Th Riddler's little sister. She was about my age, we'd walk round the city together if dad and Ed were busy and didn't need us hanging round. Sometimes we'd break into the forensics lab at the GCPD and play around. Eleanor's brother used to work there so she knows all about forensics. We'd go in The Iceberg Lounge and just sit with Oswald for a while, not talking about anything important...

I sometimes wonder what it'd be like to have 'friends' or to be normal... But then i think about what family I have, a family of misfits. The scum of Gotham look out for each other, and i wouldn't want anything more.