prologue

Cultural appropriation of mental health has existed for a while now. You see it everywhere: depression quotes on your friends Snapchat, people lying about diagnosis, newspaper articles on suicide, romanticise-ation of suicidal ideation in fanfictions, books, TV shows and films-and all it does is encourage it.

So you know how it goes. Girl meets boy. Girl is depressed. Girl wants to die. Boy cures her with his undying, unconditional love and bam, they're all happy, rainbows and butterflies for everyone.

Well, I say fuck that. And fuck the boys who listen to that.

It probably works both ways, but I'm a girl so I can only speak for myself; let me tell you, the amount of times a boy has come into my life and thought he could sweep me off my feet and cure my horrible, tragic thoughts.

And foolish am I for trusting them.

I can't say I struggle with mental health issues myself, but I definitely did after this.

And I told myself I would never let a boy save me from anything.

WARNINGS
-trigger warning
-this book tackles uncomfortable subjects such as mental health, abuse, addiction and a shitty view of the world as we know it.
-probably some mild gore.

This book is not designed to romanticize mental health. Feel that way? Don't read it-but I assure you it is absoloutley not. I do not condone that kind of behaviour.

Now that's over and done with, if you haven't already, check out my other Felix fanfiction called 'Bury a Friend.' just as this book is based off a Marilyn Manson song, that song is based off a Billie Eilish song. (I dislike Billie Eilish, it just sparked a concept.)

Chapter 1 coming soon.