[1] Flight 219 to Hell

Copyright Statement:

Copyright © 2014 by Brooke D. (a.ka brookieismyname)

All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher.

This chapter is dedicated to the world's most talented person. She makes the worlds most mind blowing covers, like the one for this story! Her trailers are so amazing. I aspire to make trailers as well as she does. She's also the world's nicest person. It's an honor to even be able to dedicate this chapter to her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adaline pressed her forehead against the window, the chill of the glass soothing her headache. She peered out the window, staring at the ominous glow in the distance. She was in the last place she'd ever want to be within an hour of.

Adaline was in her home town.

After all the suffering she'd been through in the past year, she needed two things:

First, a fresh start.

Second, a place to disappear.

If anyone were to come looking for her, the small town of Braedon would quite literally be the last place they'd look (if they'd even check there at all).

Purchasing the plane ticket had been hard. Actually getting on the plane had been harder. Restlessly squirming the entire duration of the flight had been challenging. But the most problematic thing she faced was getting off the plane.

Once she stepped foot off that flight there was no going back.

So, for the longest time, she just sat there in the constricting chair, watching people swarm into the rows and eventually off the flight.

Adaline remained in her seat, the buckle digging into her stomach. She was imprisoned by her agonizing memories, all of them swarming around in her head like vultures around their next meal.

Her stomach dropped and she was more than sure she was going to empty out the contents of her stomach (which had only been the free in-flight peanuts) onto the tray table.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" A petite stewardess's voice rang in her ears. Adaline had been startled and, in reaction, threw her head backwards and into the seat. One of her coffee brown curls had escaped from her bun and fell against her pastel skin. The attendant's cobalt vest exposed a little too much for Adaline's comfort. "The planes un-boarding."

"Sorry," Adaline shook her head, somewhat hoping the attendant would tell her she could stay on the flight and travel somewhere else. Adaline hesitated to move, receiving a narrowed-eyed glare.

"The planes un-boarding now," the attendant altered her request.