The quiet one

We are who we pretend to be ,so we must be careful who we pretend to be

-Kurt Vonnegut

Chapter one:

I threw another rock in the clear blue ocean as I made my wish .I slowly opened my eyes to be amazed with the beautiful view of the endless amount of ships floating as far as I could see . I looked into the ocean where I saw my reflection. My name is Sydney. I have long curly   brunet hair with black eyes. I wore my cropped top with my shorts and wore my sandal. Just another piece of deception, I thought to myself and threw another smooth pebble into the water, the ripples twisting my reflection into something unknown.

Message to all teenage girls: I know you like wearing shorts but really does it have to be that short. I glanced at one of the blonde-haired, walking stereotypes on the beach. I would be the hypocrite of the season if I said not to wear shorts because I wear them all the time. My point you don't have to wear it that short. Sometimes I feel that you might else just walk out in your underwear. I shook my head as I passed her. Wannabe.

As I adjusted my necklace I climbed down the rock where I normally sit. I walked on the cool soft sand towards the café. It was where I would escape from all the bullshit in life. I sighed as this just proves what a loner I am and how great my social life was as I though sarcastically. It would be long time or maybe never till I return I knew I would miss it. My chain of thoughts was rudely interrupted by the squeaky voice of the pimple faced teenager asking for my order .I ordered my usual caramel latte before leaving and walking home .My house was near the beach. I loved it for the a obvious reason: that was where I had lived for practically for whole my life. Until tomorrow. I was moving. There were many memories built here: the good and the bad. It was just snatched away from me without me having any say in it. I arrived home to another fight between my father and mother. It happened so often but it still hurt.

My dad was once was doing well until recently when his business went bad. His alcoholic addiction started getting worse due to stress. He tried to drink away the pain. I snorted. Look how well that turned out. I never understood how drinking or smoking cured their problems. In my opinion all it did was destroy their health and their family. Managing life with that little amount of pocket money from my mom was not easy. Fights came not only more often but more intense each time. Enough was enough, my mother declared one night after one night after the worse fight they had had so far. My father raised his hand on her and that was it. Marriage gone. She told me while choking on those tears that I hated to see on that face that always held that warm smile. It only took two words to change everything :'that's it'.

It was then decided that she wanted to leave my father for good and I guess from then on that there was no looking back. I guess the only reason why my mother beared with him for so long was because she had her hand forward. She was not well educated and depended on my father to manage the household. Despite the little pocket money she had, she made me and brother learn the guitar. Thinking about my brother made me realize how seldom I see him. My brother's name is Edward he is a few years older than me. He is tall and has brown hair and slightly long hair. I can't blame him not wanting to be around watching this daily drama .My brother was staying with my dad while I stayed with my mom, court orders. Great. See, now it wasn't only a split between my mom and dad. Now, it was the entire family broken apart. Perfect.

I sighed. Tomorrow was going to be when everything was going to change. A new beginning, whether I liked it or not. Goodbye sunny California, hello big city New York. With that thought, I drifted off to sleep. But despite the big change, I wasn't aware that some things were never meant to be hidden. You can run but you can't hide.