dynamics

It's been a tough year. Klaus has come to mystic falls, has come for the doppelganger. He successfully completed the ritual. He successfully killed Michael and whatever was left of Stephan's humanity.

Damon had decided that he would try to bring his brother back, earning the favor of Elena. Her and the two Salvatores spend most of their time coming up with ways to kill Klaus. It wasn't easy, though. Stephan was reckless, impulsive and unpredictable. Elena and Damon couldn't trust him which he just confirmed when he admitted to having stolen the coffins that carried Klaus family.

Klaus, as always, had the upper hand and won them back. Well, won all of them back despite his mother's coffin. The one that could kill them all.

And whilst Klaus was at home, dealing with his undaggered and pissed off siblings (curtsey of Damon who undaggered Elijah before giving them back to Klaus) the Salvatores had time to come up with a new plan. A backup plan they desperately needed since Bonnie didn't seem to be able to open the mysterious coffin.

It's been a week since the Originals returned and it seemed like they were starting to forgive Klaus which was something Damon hated to see.

"Seriously how can they just forgive him? He had them in damn boxes!" the dark haired vampire spoke in fury whilst walking up to his house alongside his brother.

"Their grudge against Klaus was something we counted on. I'm as pissed as you are." the younger brother simply stated.

No humanity Stephan didn't exactly have a way with words and it made Damon sigh. It was hard being the only fun person around sometimes.

"He must've pulled much bigger stuff on them if they were able to forgive him so easily," the elder spoke.

"Not quite,"

Both brothers stopped in their tracks when they saw who had spoken. It was Elijah who currently leaning against their front door, dressed in a suit like always.

Damon and Stephan immediately went into a sort of fighting stance, flexing their muscles which made Elijah smirk slightly. Like they had a chance against him.

"My siblings and I were very upset at Nicklaus and of course made that known. Used the daggers to stab him over and over again to make him know what it felt like," he said smiling while he started moving towards the brothers.

"Why'd you stop?" Damon, snarky as ever, replied.

"While he was bleeding out my brother promised us that with Michael gone he had no reason to ever do that to us again-"

"And you believed him?" Stephan interrupted him, making the Originals eyebrow twitch. No one around here seemed to have proper manners.

"Of course we didn't yet upon hearing of our fathers death we.. acknowledged his reasoning, you might say." Elijah concluded, now finally in front of the two brothers with a confident stance. Something unshakeable about the man seemed to be his confidence which his entire appareance radiated.

"So you forgave him," Damon concluded, twisting Elijah's words.

The Original lifted his arms in the air as to say 'believe in what you want'.

"I don't see you abandoning your brother after Klaus made him turn off his humanity,"

Damon clenched his jaw. This motherfucker had a point.

"Klaus is my family. He will always be and it was foolish to think of me that I could actually able to kill him...that any of my family could. Previous as well as recent events have showed that. This is why I'm here,"