a love like that

A few months later

''I'm nervous. Why am I nervous?''

Celia turned around to look at herself in the mirror for about the hundredth time that day, her eyes gliding over her form.

Caroline rolled her eyes before placing another flower into Celia's hair.

''It's your wedding day, silly. Of course you're nervous!''

Celia exhaled heavily before nodding. Caroline was right, it was natural for her to be this nervous. Or was it?

"I don't remember feeling like this the first time," she confessed, hopelessly looking between her bridesmaids that consisted of Caroline, Elena and of course Rebekah as her maid of honor.

"You were sad and not nervous and now stop moving or I'll accidentally stab you," Rebekah, who was in the middle of placing a rather sharp accessory in Celia's hair, declared.

Celia turned to look from her to the mirror as to not obstruct them any further, her eyes gliding over herself once again. Her dress was gorgeous in her opinion. White and with flowery details that stretched down to the defined waist before tull stretched out around her hips.Her hair matched the accessory on it, half of her curled brown locks in a bun that had flowers around it while the rest of her hair covered her shoulders.

"Why were you sad the first time?" Elena asked before crouching down to check if Celia's shoes sat right.

Celia locked eyes with Rebekah through the mirror, both reminiscing a time long gone.

"I guess I never really told any of you about it, did I?" Celia asked before laughing nervously.

"You certainly didn't tell us," a voice suddenly declared, making everyone's head snap to the direction where it came from. In the door frame stood Stephan, who had just spoken, and Damon.

"Lookin' good, sis," Damon declared with a smile as he nodded towards Celia who chuckled. The bridesmaids all rolled their eyes at him,

"She doesn't just 'look good', Damon, she looks drop dead gorgeous," Caroline corrected him, making Celia smile and Damon roll his eyes.

"How long 'til the ceremony starts?" Rebekah asked the two brother's as they made their way through the fitting room of Klaus mansion.

"Enough to hear the story of how Cece tied down an Original the first time. Yet sis, please, I beg you, leave out the wedding night, will you?" Damon pleaded while clasping his hands together.

Celia rolled her eyes at him before looking into the mirror, trying to remember what she looked like almost a century ago.

"It wasn't really planned, you see..." she began,

1907

Celia couldn't help but smile so much her cheeks hurt. Today she'd finally see Elijah again after almost a month of separation. He had insisted on her staying in Europe with Rebekah whilst he and Klaus had taken on some business overseas, simply because he could tell Celia loved the place here way too much. She and Rebekah had been enjoying the summer in Scotland, living by the countryside in a cottage just big enough for the four of them. Nature surrounded them, something the big cities in America wouldn't allow them to enjoy.

''It's just my stupid brothers, stop looking live you've won something,'' Rebekah stated as she frowned at the grinning Celia.

The two vampires were inside a carriage on their way to meet Elijah and Klaus. Instead of coming straight home they had insisted on meeting them halfway in a small town located just a few hours away from their cottage. Rebekah and Celia supposed it was because they had some sort of business there that needed to be taken care of.