1

Venus looked down at her monitor awaiting orders from Knuckles. She was situated at an Eggman support base a few miles west from headquarters. Even worse, only being a few miles out made it a risky mission because of badnik patrol robots potentially watching her every move. The air was dusty and dry, making it hard for anyone to breathe comfortably. Venus could only see the faint purple glow of her ring, keeping her alive since that life-changing event 5 years ago. It was glowing a lavender colour, she should think about charging it soon.

She shifted her stance, making it more comfortable to squat for longer, since she'll probably need to. Knuckles was usually slow with orders, brushing it off as being too busy with other work at HQ. Her partner, Kim, placed her hand on her back, wincing in pain.

"Can someone at HQ please tell Knuckles to hurry up? My back is killing me staying in this hunched over position for so long!" She rubbed her lower back, looking at Venus with frustration. Venus sighed and radioed HQ for the second time in the last 10 minutes.

"HQ, this is Ve again, any word on the next move?" She got a response almost immediately, but not from Knuckles.

"Schematics of the building FINALLY loaded. There's an entry point near the back, should look like a red square. You'll have to climb up to it." Amy replied on the other side. Venus smiled, looking back at Kim. She smirked.

"Finally! Let's move." Venus checked the parameter and moved quickly towards the back of the building. The building was guarded, but nothing Venus and Kim couldn't handle. They could easily avoid the badniks guarding the back of the building. They were standard security badniks, each with a basic baton as a weapon. Venus and Kim hit them one by one with their fighting moves. Venus with a swift kick, Kim throwing in gymnastic moves.

Kim had been trained in gymnastics as a child and incorporated it whenever she could. It especially comes in handy when she has to avoid lasers, considering how flexible she had become.

"That must be the entrance Amy was talking about." Kim pointed to the red square about 8 feet from the ground. It looked like an entry point to the ventilation system. Classic.

Venus nodded and grabbed her grappling hook from her bag as Kim did the same.

"Old ladies first" Venus mocked, getting a smack in the arm from Kim.

"Shut it. You go first, since you love adventure so much. Make sure it's not poisoned up there" Kim laughed back.

There was only 3 years between the two, but Venus couldn't resist a sarcastic comment about Kim's age.

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Geez, once you're 21 you think you're the boss." Venus aimed and fired the grappling hook at the building and began to climb.

"I am the boss of you!" Kim scoffed, waiting for the clear from Venus.

"Come on, Grandma, let's finish this mission." Venus laughed, looking at Kim's irritated expression.

"I'm going to kill you when we're done this." Kim whispered with a smile on her face.

*******************************************

Amy looked at her screen showing all the members of The Resistance out in the field. She could pinpoint exactly where Venus and Kim were and when they were on the move. She periodically checked in each member to make sure they were alright. The last thing The Resistance needed was lost members.

"Ve, Kim, it's Amy. You guys okay?"

"We're alive, for now" Kim laughed on the other end. Amy looked at Felina and Vector on her monitor. They were almost back to base, hopefully with a completed mission.