Chapter IV: Pebbi-tone ....

It was a friday, I remember it vividly. My head was spining, my heart was beating fast and the sweat trickled down my head as the heat hit my face. I was scared but when Tionne asked me I replied "I'm fine T, you know we gon' kill it". I was being the same old cocky Lisa but In my heart I felt as if I wasn't going to make the cut. The week before Crystal told us that we had to perform for Pebbles and L.A Reid to be signed to "Pebbi-tone" we made these crazy nicknames. My nickname was not always Lefteye. My name was "QT", Tionne's was "Madame T" and Crystal's was "CRHYS". It was all Crystal's idea though. Tionne and I felt as if she was being controlling and when we practiced she had no right to show that she was the leader of "2nd Nature". She couldn't even get the dance moves right and had the damn nerve to say she was the lead singer. Anyway before I lose my cool, we went to Pebbitone and we met Pebbles. As soon as we walked in she said "Show us what you got". Her office was dope and we all couldn't focus so she had to get our attention by saying "Well, hello!". Thats when the music came on and T and I started to move. However, we saw Crystal just standing up, stiff. She mumbled the words as T and I sung. Pebbles cut off the music shortly after talking to her husband and said "Give us a moment ladies". I was so upset, I couldn't believe Crystal could do that on such a big day. I mean I felt bad for the girl but we practiced day and night. This was really ouf only chance to be big. If we didn't get this deal, I would have to go home back to Philly. 

        When Pebbles called us back in I was scared as hell. I whispered to Tionne "Girl, if Crystal messed this up for us I will beat her ass." and T replied "Well damn, I'll help you.". Then Pebbles began to talk. "Tionne and Lisa stay, Crystal my assistant will show you the way out. Thank you for coming to Pebbitone!". In my head I was like damn. I ain't know the girl was that bad. Then I realized, she didnt kick T and I out, she let us stay but It didn't mean we was quite in."Girls, welcome to Pebbitone. However, I can see that y'all are oozing with excitement but that doesn't quite mean you're in yet. This is just the beginning." Pebbles said as she sat on the edge of her desk. "Step one for you girls will be to create some new nicknames. I mean "QT" and "Madame T" is so tacky. Then next the next step will be to kick Crystal out of your group. That girl has no talent. If one person messes it up, they mess it up for EVERYBODY." 

        Tionne and I left the office with money on our mind. It was funny because it was the greatest day of my life besides us having to kick Crystal out her own group but it was good because I just got signed in the A. I walked towards a payphone and entered my quarters in. I wish I could have reversed that call now that I think of it. When my mom answered she said "Lisa, I have some bad news." but I couldn't hear her, I countined babbling and saying "MA, I JUST GOT SIGNED. LEMME TALK TO DAD". Minutes later, I learned my dad got shot by a family member. My frown got turned upside down and I was completely ruined.