Chapter III: Surviving In The "A"..

When I got to Atlanta I posted up at Decatur near a mall. 750 dollars was not gonna get me breakfast, lunch and dinner for the rest of my life in the A. Everyday for 3 months I went out performed for the shoppers outside the mall and they put money in the hat. It was a process.. eat dance sleep repeat. That was until Crystal came along. Now even though Crystal didnt have any real talent she was my beam of sunshine. She said " Whats ya name girl? You sound so dope.". I was cocky and I was like " You gon know my name soon enough! Lisa Lopes is my government". She laughed & thats where I was able to show my talent full on.

  Now Crystal wanted to be in a girl group and I was cool with it. I actually met one of my partners and she later became my cousin. Miss Tionne Tenese Watkins, she was cool and seemed down to earth. When I met Tionne she gave me a dap and said hello. Even though Crystal was the one making this group, Tionne and I clicked instantly. By the 3rd day we met up to practice we were talking and goofing around. Then thats when Tionne's hairstylist and boss at Excape (Tionne's Place Of Work) told us about Pebbles & L.A. Being young and naïve we jumped at the chance to become famous and to garnish alot of money. However, though we expected all this fame and fortune, the money didnt find its way to our (Tionne and I) pockets for some time.