The Aftermath

EPILOGUE

Betsy Mitchell and Jeremy Whitehall had a very happy marriage. They had a wonderful family of six healthy children. Jeremy never went whaling again. Instead, he and Betsy worked diligently to turn the small family business into the world-famous New England Candle Company. They were generous with their vast wealth. In addition to charities, they founded the Nantucket Marine University. This educational institute specialized in programs devoted to sustainable and humane whale harvesting.

Shortly after their marriage, Betsy and Jeremy returned to England. On that trip, Jeremy used a small part of his fortune to purchase control of the London based trading firm, Halton, Barney & Crabb. He used his ownership of the firm to ensure a system of fair-trading practices was in place for dealing with suppliers in the Colonies.

Uncle Rolland Crabb continued to work at the firm, as a clerk, until his death at the age of ninety-four.

With some trepidation, Jeremy introduced his bride to Constance Kingman. He needn't have worried, as the two had an instant rapport and, over the years, became good friends.

After the final deadly rampage on the pirate boats, no sighting of the King of the Seas was ever reported again.

The end

For more Wes Snowden stories go to WWW.AMAZON.COM/author/wessnowden

Comments to wessnowden98@gmail.com appreciated