girl names

Baby Names Meaning Snow For Girls:

1. Alaska:

Alaska, traditionally used for baby girls, brings to mind the beautiful, snow mountains and plains of the state Alaska. It's a Native American name and means 'great land.' Initially, it may sound a bit weird to call your daughter Alaska, but your child will eventually grow into it. And it means 'great land,' which effectively captures the beauty of the snow-laden north.

2. North:

If you want a direction as a name for your child, North will make a perfect name. The name got attention when Kim Kardashian used it for her daughter. But. it never really gained popularity even after being so much talked about. And, it's up to you whether you want to use it for your baby boy or girl.

3. Noelle:

Noelle is the feminine form of Noel and means 'Christmas.' It would make a charming name for your daughter. And it's enjoying its highest popularity even in the United States. It's the 251st most popular baby name right now.

4. Christmas:

Christmas sounds prettier and more contemporary than the traditional Noelle or Natalie. And it isn't even much used, so you'll have a unique name for your daughter. Or you can go with Christine, which is strongly associated with Christmas. It would make a great name for mid-December born baby.

5. Crystal:

If snowflakes are what giving you and your newborn company, Crystal will make a perfect name. It reminds us of the beautiful icicles that decorate our homes every year. You can even opt for its spelling variant, Krystal, which means 'sparkling'. It was at its peak in 1998, when it held the 53rd spot.

6. January:

January would make a gorgeous name for your little girl. You can take reference of January Jones of "Mad Men" here. January is named after Janus, the god of transitions and beginning. And it's one of the coldest months of the year. Technically, this name would be suitable for any baby as all the newborns are a new beginning.

7. Eira:

Eira is a lovely name that would suit any girl. It is inspired by the Norse Goddess Eir and means 'snow' in Welsh. It's familiar in Sweden and Norway, where it's ranked 166 and 104 respectively. Its variations- Eirwen means 'white as snow' and Eirlys means 'snowdrop'.

8. Neve:

Neve is an excellent way to link your little one to the winter season. It's an anglicized spelling of Niamh and means 'snow'. You will recognize this name if you are a fan of Conan O' Brien. This name also made it to the top 200-baby name list in Wales, England, and Scotland in 2014.

9. Demetria:

Demetria is the name of the Greek goddess who is responsible for winter. You can shorten this lovely name to Demi for the nickname. Both Demi Lovato and Demi Moore would attest to that. In fact, Demi was the most popular name in Louisiana in the year 2014, when it ranked 88.

10. Bianca:

The blanket of white snow outside your house may prompt you to name your daughter Bianca, which means 'white'. This name originated in Italy and entered the mainstream through one of Shakespeare's works. Bianca Jagger, the wife of Mick Jagger further popularized this name. It currently holds the 360th position among popular names in the United States.

11. Elsa:

Elsa is one of the most attention-grabbing, winter inspired name. It came to the forefront from Disney's popular movie "Frozen". But, what most of you don't know that it is the short form of Elizabeth and originates from the Hebrew language. The name means 'God is satisfaction' and is currently moving up the charts.