A Moment, Her (HYEWON)

" I live with my 5 siblings, my dad is a drunk. My mom passed away a long time ago. I'm the oldest, so it's natural that I'd have to care for the kids. 2 girls, and 3 boys, all under the age of 14.

We live in a tiny house, and struggle to pay the bills. Everyone has to put their money in to pay off the bills- no matter where they get the money. I work a fast food job that pays little, and Min has a newspaper route. The money we have is usually just enough for us to buy basic groceries, and pay off the rent for the month.

Unless, my father takes it.

My other sister, May- she's the second oldest, I think she helps out a lot too- she has multiple jobs. I'm 18, turning 19 soon. I feel as if, I had been 40 years old with 5 kids.

Once I was sure that everyone was ready, kids off to work and school- I headed to my own job. It was less stressful, because it was Thursday. Thursday's are always pretty calm. I was tired, and I felt like I'd fall asleep on the job, if I didn't get it together. Last night was so hectic because Jisun's first tooth fell off, when toddlers begin teething it's hell for everyone. They never stop crying. 

This led to no sleep for me, or May.

"Do you work here?" A girl who was pretty short, and had a long black jacket on appeared in front of me. 

"Uh! Yeah, sorry. What can I get you?" I said, my daydream swiftly getting interrupted.

"I was just wondering if you could get me some french fries!" She said, she seemed bright and her voice was painfully high pitched.

"Sure. Large, medium, or small?" I said casually. The girl didn't look like the type to eat out at fast food places- actually she looked as if she was quite wealthy.

"Mmmmm, I'll take large!" She said, with a smile.

Unpredictable, I thought she'd say small for sure.

"Alright, you can stand over there- your food will be done in no time."

I inserted her order on the scanner, and my coworkers got them ready in no time.

"Thank you!" She said to me, and she paused for a second and looked at the name tag on my chest. 

"Hyejoo!" She smiled, and I gave her a smile back.

----------

That event seemed strange to me, and once that event took place at my job- it seemed as if everything in my life changed.

I do not know if it was the girl that I had encountered at my job that day, or maybe just a stroke of good luck- but something was different to me.. It seemed to surreal to be a coincidence.

After my shift that day, I had went to the gas station to get change for a twenty- and the cashier had given me an $100 dollar reward for being the 1000th costumer.

That's not all either, when I went home, Lee ran up to me and showed me that he had became eligible for a YouTube partnership from his toy review Youtube channel.

May also got a raise, and even promoted in 3 of her jobs.

That's not even the best part though, my income tax came- which is natural of course, since I applied for this due to my domestic situation at a very young age.

I'm now almost eligible to buy a bigger house to take care of my siblings, and our family. May has been accepted into not one, not two but three colleges, and Min got a $50 dollar tip from the lady up the street! 

I didn't want to be negative, but all of these amazing things happening to us- leaves one problem.

My father, he'll probably take a huge chunk of the money that we earned just to buy booze..

I wanted to talk to the girl that I had met that day at my job, I feel like I needed to thank her, or something. I don't know if all my blessings has something to do with her- or what, but I need to see her again.

-------------

Days went by, and I hadn't seen her again. I know realistically, a pretty- and rich girl wouldn't come to a greasy fast food place like this often, but I really wish I could've seen her again.

It was around 8PM, and I was beginning to clock out of work. All these blessings were happening, but I still felt a bit defeated.

I was walking home, watching my feet kick the small rocks on the pavement. The streets were very quiet- no one was on them, which was semi-understandable. It was late.

The wind was blowing very hard I didn't mind the wind, so it was fine with me.

I looked up, and I saw a woman with silver hair, and a cream colored jacket on- she was standing at the bridge. She was behind the border of the bridge, and just looked out into the horizon.

I didn't get a close look at her face, I didn't want to stare at her for too long to find out though, that would be weird.

I continued to walk home, and just as I passed the girl- she stood on top of the bridge fencing like she was gonna jump.

I can't tell you what happened next, everything moved really fast.

I remember myself rushing to save her, but I was too late- and I watched her fall to her death.

At that moment, I got a good look at her face and it was the same girl that had ordered large french fries. When she was falling, she didn't look sad or anything, she looked at peace. Her eyes were closed, and she smiled to herself.

That's not the strangest part about this girl though.

On Thursday, at 4:00 PM- I saw her at my workplace, and she came up to me casually and ordered a large french fry, with the same hypnotizing smile.

The same bright, "Hyejoo!"

I still never even learned her name, but something about her wasn't real.

I think about this everyday, and that's why I'm here to tell my story. "

"Hyejoo, I think you're the first person that has ever came to me and told me that they've contacted a real-life angel..."

-----------------------

Hey guys, shameless plug right here. I have a loona/blackpink/bts gang au if you ever wanna check it out! I had so much fun writing this book- and other kpop groups make cameos too, like nct, red velvet, mamamoo, gidle, exo, and etc! take a look at The Sapphires if you're ever interested <3 Thanks for supporting! 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/187290563-the-sapphires