that's why I love you

Leave. That's what I think whenever I see him enter the room. Please leave. I can't control myself around him, that is a fact. In a perfect world, he can notice me as more than a friend. However, this world isn't perfect.

"Shh," he says. I shut my mouth and listen to him whisper in my ear. "You're not a quitter." I shudder at his words. He's right.

"You know I'm not built for this, Elijah."

"Well then let me guide you," he says. I get tingles just from hearing his voice. The close proximity makes me bite my lip. I want him. Bad.

"Please just go," I let out quietly. I'm barely whispering at this point. He smirks at my request.

"You know what to do, so why don't you just do it?"

"Because if I let you have your way, we'll both be broken." I feel too much for him. It's not reciprocated, and that's why I've held myself back for so long.

"Just let down your walls, please," he begs.

      "Oh shut up already," I state taking his shirt off. He sighs.

"I love you. Please let me in," Elijah says. I inhale sharply.

"After so damn long, when you couldn't share how I felt, you finally decide to say this when I'm over you?" I say anxiously. I start to get frustrated. Elijah gives me a sheepish look. He looks out of his comfort zone when I confront him, however, him being shirtless does count for a good distraction. The lust I have for this man makes me forget all the reasons I'm broken.

"Sorry..."

"No," I say. "I won't be with you. Just... fuck me already," I ask. He shivers, his skin exposed to cold air. I trace his abs with my hand until I reach his belt buckle. We slowly undress each other, sliding clothes off layer by layer. I regret letting myself open up to him.

That was the last time we ever touched. He moved on from the broken record I was.

Who could blame him?

This was all in my future...