Chapter 2

After hanging out with Travis for a few periods we went to our classes and I wrote my phone number on his hand. I finally got out of my last class and got in my truck to start heading home. I drove in silence with the only sound was Led Zeppelin playing on the radio. I got home and landed on the couch. It was amazing having my own house, even though it was kinda junkie I loved it. The phone started ringing and I groaned from being to lazy. Picking up the phone and I spoke clearly thinking it might be Travis. "Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Hey, can I come over?" It was Austyn. He didn't sound normal.

"Yea, is something wrong?" I felt a little bit of worry in my stomach.

"No I'm fine. But I'll be there in a few minutes." He's never sounded like this. I hung up and sat back down. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. "Enter!" I shouted. Austyn appeared and gave me a frustrated look. "What's wrong?" I say up looking at him with worried eyes.

"Who the fuck was that?" He said with a angry tone. My heart started pacing. His hands making a fist as I watched him grind his teeth.

"Wh-, who are you talking about?" I said with confusion. His eyes turning darker by the second.

"That fucking guy you were with. WHO THE FUCK IS HE!" He shouted. I've never seen him like this. I felt my breathing slow down. I felt like I was grasping for air and couldn't get it.

"His name is Travis. So?" I knew my tone would make him angrier.

"Are you fucking cheating on me? You whore!" His voice was vicious and tore through me.

"Austyn, we didn't do anything!! We just hung out that's it!" I was trying not to burst into tears. I wanted to but I couldn't, not now. He grabbed my by my hair and made me stand up. Starting to pull down, harder, and harder, and harder.

He started to whisper in my ear. "You better not be fucking cheating on me. It won't. Be. Pretty." He let go causing me to fall to the ground as he left slamming the door behind him. I burst into tears immediately putting my face into my knees while I held them up with my arms. I started turning on my music as I sang along. Healing the pain with every word. Right as I started crying even more the phone started ringing. I turned down my music and realizing its most likely Travis. I picked up the phone and tried to cover up the sound of me crying. "Hello?" I said softly.

"Hey, is this Autumn?" It was Travis. His voice made me smile.

"Yea,". I paused to sniffle. "wadsup?" I said as clear as I could.

"Hey, I wanna take you out tonight... If that's alright?" I was happy to know he wanted more. I wanted more too but Austyn was in the way.

"Yea! I'd love to!! What time?" I was happy to know I was gonna leave the house. I didn't want Austyn coming here.

"How about 6?" He asked politely. I agreed as we planned out everything. I looked over at the clock, 5:12.