Chapter 44

Chord

"So, I'll see you tonight?" Scar says to me as she prepares to get out of my car. I'm just watching her unbuckle the seat belt, hoping she'll lean in and kiss me before she gets out.

"Absolutely, I'll be with Penn and the guys." I confirm with a smile.

She returns my smile while giving me the cutest fucking coy look I have ever seen. She's deciding whether or not she should kiss me goodbye. I clear my throat and look away from her briefly so she knows I don't have expectations. And next thing I know, her hands are on my cheeks and she's turning my head back around to face her.

We kiss, right here in my car. In the parking lot on campus outside the Art Building. Anyone could see this, but I don't care and she clearly doesn't either. Gone are the days where I'd worry about someone snapping a picture of me whenever I went out with a girl in public. No one gives a shit about who Logan Black is dating, and I fucking love that.

"Thank you again for today." She whispers against my lips as she pulls away from me. I don't say anything, I just nod my head as she picks up her bag and hops out of my car. I don't know what she's thanking me for, she's the one that's pretty much given me the best day of my life.

I check my phone before leaving the parking lot. I've missed all of my classes for today, so I could head over to Penn's now. I'm expecting some grief from Tam too, of course.

Penn, 13:12pm: You coming over or fucking Scar all day or what?
___

Drake @ Thornton Boys, 14:17pm: Why has no one wished me luck today yet?

Dash @ Thornton Boys, 14:18pm: GOOD LUCK DRIZZY DRAKE! Please win the game, the party will suck if you don't.

Penn @ Thornton Boys, 14:22pm: The party will be awesome either way. Good luck.
____

Tam, 12:44pm: Chord - are you actually in Philadelphia right now!? And you didn't think to let me know!?

Tam, 12:46pm: Hang on, you're at the zoo? With Scar? Have you taken Scar to the Philadelphia Zoo??????

Tam, 12:55pm: Can I tell your mom? Please!?
___

Me @ Thornton Boys, 14:54pm: Good luck tonight, man. Penn, I'll be over in 5.
____

Me, 14:54pm: Yes, Tam. I took her to the zoo. Tell my mom and see what happens.

And, he's calling me. Great. I take the call and start driving out of the parking lot.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" I ask with a sigh and a secret smile.

"Are you driving? Am I coming through the speakers?" He asks.

"Yes, yes and she's not here. I just dropped her off at her last class. See, I'm responsible now."

"She spent the night with you last night, then?" He asks me.

"Obviously, that's why she was still there this morning."

"She's the first girl you've hooked up with in your dorm. Not at the Estate or elsewhere. You realise that?"

"I know." I smile again, he can't see me. "Just mind your own business for now, okay Tam?"

"I will where Scar's concerned. She's obviously not a security threat, and well, I like her. She's a nice girl." Tam says. "Don't mess her around."

I find myself wondering if my parents would like her. I know my dad would, but I'm not sure about mom. Mom had major issues with Miller, and she turned out to be completely correct. I guess my mom's opinion on girls matters to me. Go figure.