The Beginning

I know you have a lot of questions on your mind. Who am I? Where am from? What happened?
I was born in one of the greatest kingdoms in the North, The kingdom of Asante.

Asante was a very high and mighty kingdom, blessed with all the riches of this world. Gold, silver,vast fertile lands,water,animals both big and small. Indeed our gods had blessed us.

Many kingdoms far and wide came to engage in businesses with us. The story of our greatness reached the East, the South and West, especially during the time of King Osaka the Third.

I was born without a silver spoon
But at least we could still feed.
I was given the name, Esosa.
Which means , the gift of the gods. According to the priestess, the meaning of my name is the whole summary of my existence
I won't have agreed less.
I was the eyes of my mother
People feared that I was possessed even among my mates
Except from few. Why?
I spoke and reasoned like a child.

My people were into fetish beliefs and were blinded by the selfishness of our prime minister who was also the chief priest of our kingdom Chief Osazuo.

One day,  the king held a conference meeting with the ministers of the kingdom and as the meeting was going on,  a loud cry arose from the gates of the palace.
'Your highness, chaos  has come to stay!' With two men running towards the palace.
' We have seen the prophecies, Ajah, *( the god they worshiped)* should save us all". The guards tried to stop them but they kept on resisting for they had a message for the King.

The noise from the gates of the palace was unbearable and interrupted the meeting with the ministers of the kingdom. The king stood up from his throne and proceeded to the gates and his ministers followed.
The king was the most powerful person in the kingdom and so was His family. He operated on a dictatorial government and was not subjected to the advise of his ministers. He was seen as a god and next to Ajah. But this particular King was under the manipulation of Chief Osazuo.
Probably, that was what led to the invasion.