Before The Sun (oneshot)

Every morning, around 5am or so she felt him get out of bed before the sun.

At first Eliza hadn't really noticed; thinking he had just gone to the restroom or something. Plus, she was half asleep.

But as she started realizing Alexander was doing this, she got more and more anxious about it.

One morning, when she had enough, she knew she needed to address the matter.

Alexander slipped out of bed and put on his shoes then headed for the door. She sat up.

"Alexander come back to sleep." She said in a soft spoken voice.

He quickly turned around, caught off guard.

"Sorry Betsey. Did I wake you up?" He asked gently.

She looked at him. "Where are you going?" She asked.

He gave her a small smile. He held out his hand for her to take.

Curious, she took his hand.

"Put your shoes on." He told her. She raised her eyebrow.

"It's still dark outside." Eliza said hesitantly.

"I know." He said kissing her forehead. "Just trust me."

Eliza sighed softly but obliged.

Once she put her shoes on, Alexander led her out of their apartment.

"Alex, please tell me where we're going." Eliza said.

Alex squeezed her hand as they approached the stairwell leading to the roof.

Eliza looked at the stairs then at Alex. "The roof. We're going to the roof?" She asked.

Alexander smiled slightly. "Yep. C'mon." He said leading her up the stairs

Eliza's face lit up once they reached the roof.

The sky looked beautiful. There were no words to describe it.

The orange and bright pink colors scraped against the horizon in her eyes.

The sun emerging over the New York City skyline reflected off her face.

''Oh Alex its beautiful." Eliza said quietly.

Alexander smiled. "Do you like it?"

"I love it." She said smiling at him.

He leaned down and kissed her.
"I love you."

Heyo
Are you aware that you're making history? By reading the first thing I've posted on here of course! Thanks a lot and I hope you enjoyed the story. Please leave me any ideas that you'd like to see in the future. Thanks love