like the zombies do

After school, Zed, Eliza, Zoey and I made our way towards the wolves, who were sitting outside the coffee shop.

"Win the wolves' vote, win the election. Easy." Zed said as we got to him.

"Hello, wolves' allow me to introduce myself. I'm Zed, zombie, football star, presidental hopeful." He held out his hand.

No one shook his hand as he pulled it away laughing awkwardly.

"... okay." He said as I patted his shoulder.

"When zombies first came to Seabrook, we were outsiders, too. Which is way you need a great president like, Zed. To represent you." Eliza said.

"We'd be honored if you guys joined us."

"Our pack is our pack. We don't need anyone else, so..." Wynter stood up.

"Who doesn't want more friends?" Zoey asked Wynter.

"Underneath all that fluffy hair. I bet you're a real softy!" Wynter leaned down to be Zoey's height.

"I am a mean, mean werewolf, kid. I am tough and rough."

"Aww, you said "ruff." Iike a sweet little puppy dog. Ruff! Ruff!"

"We are beasts of the forest, we will never be tamed!" Wynter said as Zoey started scratching the back of her ear.

"Oh boy. Oh wow, that's great. Oh wow." Willa gave her a look.

"Sorry." Wynter whispered.

"We're nothing like you zombies." Willa stood up.

"You sort of are." Eliza replied.

"Your necklaces are powered, right? Kind of like an organic z-band or daylight rings."

"You're smarter then he looks." Zed looked confused.

"Thanks." Eliza said.

"That necklace keeps you from fully wolfing out?" Zed asked trying to touch it as Willa slapped his hand away.

"The opposite. Our moonstones make us our true werewolf selves."

"So without you'd be human?" Zed asked.

"No, we'd die." Willa replied.

"We'd be nothing."

"At least you won't burn alive." I mumbled.

"Imagine how alive you'd feel if you didn't have to tamp things down. Hold back your true selves." Wyatt said.

"Actually. I've got this theory that zombies might've evolved beyond their need of Z-bands." Zed laughed wrapping his arm around Eliza.

"Z-bands are great, they help you fit in. And I think you guys would have a much better time at Seabrook if you just followed in our footsteps." Zed said.

"Join a club, play football. I'll even teach you how to tackle." Zed said.

"Just lighten up. Be more like us." The wolves pushed past us.

The wolves laughed and howled as I went to go help up Zed.

"You okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said dusting his pants off.

I turned around to see the wolves, talking and chatting along with the zombies.

"Amelia!" Dad's voice called.