ITS BLOOD AND ITS EVERYWHERE

I am Hakim

I am Hakim. I study at UiTM Shah Alam on language. My hometown is in Kuala Terengganu. Once a month I go back to visit my family and friends. I am also a car guy. I love cars. I always go to car events. The car that I'm driving is an Evo 6. I bought it from a friend. I dont know why he just sold the car at Rm30k to me but still its a great car to drive. It performs very well whenever I go back to Terengganu especially try to pass the Karak highway, AWD cars like my Evo are good at road climbings.

The mid term holiday just begun. My last class ended at 5 p.m. I already packed my things in the Evo so I can just left the campus right aftet the class. I invited my school friend from UiTM Puncak Perdana to go back Terengganu together.

"Okay everyone . Thats it for today. See you next 2 weeks. Have great holiday". The class ended. I warmed up my Evo's engine. I reached my phone called my school friend. "Hello, Din. In 30 minutes I'll reach your place ". "Alright. Meet at the the gate. Btw , Hakim, are you sure about this?" . "About what?". "You know its already late, its 5.30 p.m. obviously we gonna reach home after midnight...yet the road we"re using," . "Wowow please dont go that far. Just think positive okay?'". "Yeah. Btw see ya" . I got into the car and headed to Din's place. I picked him up and started our journey back home. We stucked in a traffic jam from Petaling Jaya, through KL into Gombak for 2 hours. Both us were chatting, changing opinions, made jokes and more stuffs just to kill the bored in the car. We passed Gombak Toll Plaza and got into Karak Highway. We went into the tunnel that separates Selangor and Pahang. From Karak Highway to East Cost Highway phase 1 cutting across Pahang towards Kuantan  for 3 hours. We stopped at Kuantan to fill up the gas. "Hakim, should we continue?" . "Yep its only a few hundred kilometers. We will reach there in no time " .

East Coast Highway, phase 2

East Coast Highway, phase 2. A long stretch of road in a straight line. No gas station, no RnR, nothing. Accompanied by jungle at both sides of the road. It almost midnight. No one was using the road. Only us, an silver Evo 6 passing by in very high speed. "Sempadan Negeri Terengganu Darul Iman" ...we just entered the state border. Din fell asleep. I was the only awake, driving this rally machine. Suddenly I saw a person was walking by the roadside. I slowed down, it was a boy wearing primary school uniform. I cannot stopped the car because I was travelling in a very high speed. "Sorry kid. I was so fast". In a few seconds, I saw the same boy but this time his uniform was torn. I just passed him by. I had a bad feeling. Din wasn't helping because he just slept very comfortably. I increased the speed, I can hear the exhaust missfired when I changed gears. There were no corners. Just a straight wide road. I can only see my own headlights shining on the road, illuminating the lines painted on the road and the reflectors on the road divider.

The headlights were getting dimmer . Everything started became darker. The speed of the car became slower. I started to see some red spots kept appearing on the road. The longer the time, the more red spots on the road. I looked closer. "Is..is...that blood?". Its puddles of blood. Everything touched the light were red. I drove my car very slowly. I woke up Din. "Bruh why you wake me for?" . "Are you seeing this?". "Seeing what?". "The blood on the road". Din looked in front but for him, he don't see anything weird. "What are you talking about? It just a damn road" said him. "I saw puddles of blood everywhere. The road looks like a river of blood". "Fuck . It is playing with you". "What , who?". "I dont know . Ghost or something. Just relax man. Ignore it". I tried to relax. I couldn't closed my eyes because I was driving. From the thin air, the boy suddenly appeared in front of us . I tried to avoid it and the car spun out but I could save it. "What the fuck youre doing man?" Din panicked. I dont replied his question. The blood that I saw on the road was gone. I just continue the journey.

Minutes passed. Din fell asleep again. My mind was still being bothered by the events. It was very silence. The only sound that can be heard was the engine .
"Ey . Why you do that" Din suddenly broke the silence. "Do what". "You think that your fancy car can go that fast". "Wait what? What are you talking about?". "You left me at the roadside". I m speechless. I dont wanna looked at Din's place. "Why my brother,you scared?". Fuck ..its not Din's voice. I felt a breath blowing into my left ear. It was very cold. I peaked to the left, Din was sleeping . The car suddenly became heavy. I wanna to wake Din up but I was too scared to move. My hands sticked on the steering wheel. The engine started to roar loudly, the rpm meter was going so high. The speed was decreasing. I felt the car so heavy. "bismillahirahmanirahim.allahu la ilahaillahu wa hayyu qayyum". I started to recite the Ayatul Kursi many times. The car started to shake by its own. I just continue reciting the surah. I felt the weightness started to disappear . I stepped on the gas, the speed was increasing. But I still dont stopped reciting. Things were getting better. I changed gear to higher and "Booom!!!"...missfires. the missfiring sound caused the "thing" to shock and let go of the car. Everything became back to normal. Suddenly we found an exit and we headed to Kuala Terengganu.

A few days later, me, Din and other friends hungout at a local food stall

A few days later, me, Din and other friends hungout at a local food stall . Din told me that he didnt remember anything that happened that night. "I only remember after you filled up the gas at Kuatan, I felt very sleepy and slept along the way. I remembered that you woke me up , you parked at the side of the road, your face was in shocked. After that I fell back to sleep until we reached home. I didnt talked or said anything to you". What...so I was talking to the ghost through the night?? Yeah will decided to call home. As I walked towards my car. One of my friends called me . "YOW HAKIM, is that your cousin or nephew?!". "What cousin?". "Haha how cruel are you. There he is in the car. Still wearing his school uniform , man!".

Fuck.

P/s this story is a fiction. The events happened based on real people experience