Chapter 8

I flung my phone on my bed. I just stood there and processed some thoughts, particularly what Chase said. Every thing came together finally. Keeping her safe, warm, not wanting her to leave. I was in.... LOVE WITH ALEX!!

...

"What's next period?"

"Math."

"I hate math!"

"You can't do anything about it."

"Don't give me the mom lecture." He rolled his eyes.

I sighed.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was one of my classmates.

"Yes?"

"Alex is looking for you all over the school," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Where is she?"

"Canteen."

"Thank you. I'll be there."

He left.

I turned and saw Chase grinning at me.

"If it's something related to maths, you can speak. Or else, talk to the hand," I said, knowing what on his mind.

"You should totally date her," he said.

"For the 1000th time, NO!"

I started walking towards the canteen and he followed me.

"You should!" he exclaimed. "You guys have known each other for ages, are neighbours who go to the same school, will go to the same college. What else do you need?"

I grunted. "She's not my type!"

"Then what is?"

"Charming."

"Check."

"Beautiful."

"Check."

"Introvert."

"Check."

"Friendly."

"Check!"

'What are you checking on about?" I asked frowning.

"They match Alex!"

"Introvert and Alex don't fit in one sentence," I said, sighing although it did.

"You're forgetting that I've known her in school as much as you. So don't tell me she's not one."

"Then how is she charming or beautiful?" She was beautiful.

"Go ask the guys lining up for her."

True.

I didn't say anything.

"She's perfect!"

We entered the canteen and Alex ran towards us and hugged the two of us.

"Why are you looking for me?" I asked.

"No reason," she answered. "Just wanted to have a drink. Empty pocket."

"That's your reason to call em?"

"Yup! Now cough up."

I sighed and handed her some money and she hugged me – correction: choked me.

"You're the best!" she exclaimed.

"See, you guys literally act like a couple," said Chase.

Alex raised an eyebrow at him.

"Excuse me but I'm not bi. If I was one, still I wouldn't have dated him," she said pointing at me and then ran to the vending machine.

"Burn," Chase snickered.

"That does it!" I exclaimed and Chase ran for it.

...

I went downstairs and saw Alex reading the book I was reading.

"Woah, I should write this down," I said as I sat down.

She looked at me and frowned. "What?"

"What day is it?"

"21st June."

I pretended to take a pen and copy and wrote through the air, saying, "June 21st: the day Alex read a book in broad daylight."

She threw a pillow at me. I laughed.

"So when is Chase coming?" she asked sitting up.

"In a minute."

There was a silence as I grabbed my phone and searched up new movies to watch.

Alex broke the silence. "Sorry about earlier."

I averted my attention from the phone and looked up at her and was surprised to see her BLUSHING!!

She was looking....cute. Her brown hair was messy as usual. Her bangs were on one side and for the first time, without a warning, behind her ear. Her blue eyes were staring at me. She had her legs were crossed on the sofa and both of her hands were holding the book. Her cheeks were red and she smiled a tad bit.

I decided to tease her a bit. "Alex, you're making history! First, reading a book in broad daylight and now, blushing!" I exclaimed, mockingly.

She narrowed her eyes at me and pouted.

You don't have to rub it in," she muttered.

I laughed and her blue eyes shot hot burning fire at me.

"It's alright. Things happen," I said.

I paused and then said, "And besides...I kinda....maybe...liked it." I smirked.

She grabbed a pillow and threw it at me, shouting, "You pervert! I'm not one of your cheerleaders!"

I laughed and said, "Who said I like cheerleaders?" I was having fun. I shot the pillow back at her.

"You gawk at them 24\7." She shot it back.

"School is six hours a day!" I shot it back

"Oh yeah? You stalk them on social media!" The pillow was back to me.

"And besides, can't I cuddle you?" I threw thw pillow back.

She paused and so did I. Realizing what I said, I blushed.

She laughed.

"Crushing on me, are you?" I could hear the humour in her voice.

"In your dreams," I retorted.

"You said what you said. Can't take it back." She laughed.

I blushed a little more and she stared at me, smirking. I didn't take my eyes off her and neither did she. For some reason, that made me fall for her even more. Heat rose to my cheeks. She still didn't shift her eyes and neither did I.

"Am I interrupting something?" someone said from the back and we both snapped out of it.