Chapter 3 - The Beta's Whisperer

Chapter 3

"Glad that you're able to come," Derek sat on the couch of the building that he owned. Unlike his uncle, Peter Hale, Derek had decided to invest the money that he inherited from his family on property. He was convinced that property was a better investment than renting a condo unit or owning two luxury cars.

"You told us that you found a lead about Virna Oberlin's death," Scott McCall answered. Derek had contacted the alpha of the pack together with his bestfriend, Stiles Stilinski, for help. If there were people who would be willing to help protect Beacon Hills, these two would be on top of the list, setting aside the fact that the two were an odd pair. Scott was a true alpha, a werewolf who had not taken another alpha's life and the one who rose to the occasion on his own. Stiles, despite being only human, served as the brain of the pack because of his superb critical thinking skills.

"This is bad timing. I'm going to get busy with the FBI this month," Stiles groaned. He was torn between protecting Beacon Hills and securing his future. "But I'll be sure to make some time, just not everyday because that is nearly...impossible,"

"Don't worry. I don't need you to be here all week. If you have free time in your hands and are able to help, we'll appreciate it," Derek fully understood their struggle. The two were still young and they still had a full life ahead. Derek hated burdening Scott and Stiles with problems. However, it was better to let them know about what was happening in town.

"Wait...we?" Scott thought that he heard it wrong. "Who are you with?"

"Well..." Derek stood up and stared at the view outside of the huge window. "...there are twin Kitsunes who moved here in Beacon Hills to hunt the Djinn,"

"Twin Kitsunes?" Stiles repeated as it sounded so cool. "Do they merge their bodies into one like Aiden and Ethan?" the human could remember the twins who had the ability to merge both their bodies into a single large creature. Unluckily, Aiden was now deceased but on the other hand, Ethan was happily living together with his boyfriend, Jackson Whittemore, in London.

"I'm pretty sure that they are separate kitsunes," Derek responded. This was not their first encounter with kitsunes because Scott's ex-girlfriend, Kira Yukimura, was a thunder kitsune. Things did not work out between Kira and Scott because the kitsune decided to stay with the skinwalkers so that the fox would not be able to consume her. "They call themselves Kaze and Chikyu. Wind and Earth kitsunes. I'm certain that unlike Kira, they are in full control of their foxes,"

"What are they hunting? You called it the Djinn, right?" Scott asked further. "What do they know about it?"

"The Djinn is also called a genie," Derek explained. "It grants people's wishes and kill them three days after." Derek told the two about what he found out from Robyn and Randy and how Virna Oberlin was really killed.

"It's not like you to trust people that you don't know, Derek," Stiles pointed out. During his early years of knowing Derek, the two had a rough time of trusting each other. "Are we supposed to be worried of why you're willing to help two strangers?"

"Supernatural creatures usually come here in Beacon Hills to cause chaos. It's not every day that kitsunes come here with the goal of saving people," Derek stated the truth. "Additionally, the woman's pretty hot,"

"There we go," knowing Derek, Stiles was sure that there was a specific reason of why the beta werewolf would help strangers. "I don't know what's with you but you're always attracted to dangerous women,"

"Robyn's not dangerous," Derek chuckled.

"Strong women," Scott corrected his bestfriend. "Remember Jennifer Blake who turned out to be the Darach?"

"Yeah, yeah, then there's Braeden who's a gun-obsessed mercenary," Stiles added before he had realized something. "Wait...Scott, I just realized that you're no different. You dated a hunter, then a kitsune...and now, you're dating a werecoyote...who's also my ex-girlfriend,"

"Well said, Stiles," Derek laughed. "However, you should also take a look at yourself. You dated a werecoyote, then a banshee,"

"Hey!" Stiles whined. "I had been in love with Lydia for a very long time before she became my girlfriend. Have you forgotten the time when I was the only one who knew that she was smart?"

"In my defense, Robyn's a young doctor which means that she's also smart," Derek smirked as she remembered the woman with ash blonde hair and emerald eyes. "There's nothing more attractive than a woman who's intelligent."

***

Beacon Hills High School usually did not receive applications for the school's physician position ever since the school became the center of supernatural occurrences. They were grateful for Dr. Robyn Kelley's application that was why they decided to skip the interview and hire her.

Robyn was brought to her own office located at the back of the clinic. The office looked very professional. Robyn had noticed that everything inside the office looked new...or it was not just used for a very long time.

The kaze sat on the chair to get settled in on it. A few seconds later, a knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. A blonde high school senior opened the door and welcomed himself inside the doctor's office. "Dr. Kelley? My name's Liam Dunbar,"

Robyn stopped herself from frowning. She did not expect that she would have a patient today considering that she was not on duty now. Tomorrow was officially the start of her first day as the school's physician. "Is there anything that I can help you with, Mr. Dunbar?"

"Uh—I just want to introduce myself to you," Liam responded nervously. "I'm also a werewolf. I'm in the pack together with Derek. They want me to introduce myself personally to you so you'll know whom to ask for help inside the school,"

"I appreciate it, Mr. Dunbar," Robyn smiled at the teenager and she could not help but notice the faint blush on his cheeks. "I'll be sure to call you if ever something comes up,"

"T—Then I'll get going...now," Liam slammed his head on the wall when he turned around. To recover, he quickly left the doctor's office. There was no way that he would be able to forget how extremely hot the doctor was